Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi Guys

derek

Hi everybody

I'm derek 22 been doing window cleaning for over 2 years now.

Got a question for everybody....

I've recently got a few trips offshore as a labourer on the oil rigs in the north sea, after this I've decided I want to go back to education (college then uni) to get myself sorted with a engineering job on the rigs my question is .... has anyone started there own run up to have an income whilst they are studying?

I've got a young daughter and obviously I dont want to be relying on student loans etc to pay for stuff rent etc.

I'm thinking about starting my own run up which I can fit around my studies, probably need around £1500 per month to survive at the moment so do you guys think its possible to have a run that size and fit it around your studies ?

Cheers And I await your replys

ps I'm from Glasgow but relocating to Aberdeen.

I wouldnt think you will have a whole lot of time for classes and study time. Bearing in mind you would have to work arround the weather as well as ur other comitments.

My thoughts are ur expectations might be too high there. Another thought is ur talking about biulding the round up so ur going to also have to fit in canvassing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldnt think you will have a whole lot of time for classes and study time. Bearing in mind you would have to work arround the weather as well as ur other comitments.

My thoughts are ur expectations might be too high there. Another thought is ur talking about biulding the round up so ur going to also have to fit in canvassing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I wont be starting to August of next year and 3 days a week is full time! so I would have potentially 4 days to study and do the round thats no unachievable is it ? I wouldnt think so.

I'll probably be buying my ex bosses work that he has forsale which is near enuf what I;m looking for and thats done in 3 days by 1 guy. Even if I didnt buy that I'd probably get a canvasser to start until I had enuf work to keep me going and when I got to the requiered amount of work I wouldnt take more on.

Cheers for the reply anyway

sounds like you already have a plan and just want reasurence.

I have a full time job which I have just changed to part time 4 days a week and my window cleaning job for 2 or 3 a week.

I have to fit about 220 current customers into that and I will just about get it done.

By the end of the year I will need to go full time.

It looks like you are going to need about 150 to 180 customers to get the money you want.

From my experience alone I would say you will be ok

Hello and welcome to forum Derek.

Firstly good on you for looking to further your education and for being prepared to go out on a limb with with a young family,

I believe that with hard work and good planning you will be able to achieve your goal, just make sure you plan quality time with you daughter,

she is the most important part of this.

Good luck Derek

Thanks Guys, Really excited now I'm sure it can be done as theres students working in part time jobs so doing windows part time should be fine, thanks for the reasurance

Derek

Welcome Derek and good luck .

The only thing that I would say is don't take on to much as you only need a couple of days bad weather and it will bugger your round up in no time and you would probably struggle playing catch up .

Back