Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A few basic questions about pure water and WFP

Adams0211

I've got just about everything I need now to have a go at WFP. I plan on starting out doing top windows only and see how I get on. I'll be practicing on my own house, friends houses and a select few customers houses before I go at it properly.

I've got my backpack, pole and hose and I found a decent sack barrow last night when I was out collecting so that's saved me a few quid. I bought a small second hand tank so I'm all good there. I need to get hold of a few more drums but that won't be hard. I'm going to order some ubik too. Am I missing anything else?

I've got a few other questions too.

I'll be buying my water. How long will it stay pure? If I filled up with water and went on holiday would it still be good to use when I get back?

The tank I bought was previously used to store pure water. I take it I can just fill it up and don't need to worry about cleaning it?

If I filled my backpack with tap water to do a job that didn't require pure water, is it ok to fill it with pure water after or do I need to clean it first?

I'll probably have a few more questions at some point. Thanks for the help so far.

Pure will stay pure unless it gets contaminated.

Don't worry about cleaning your back pack just fill with pure it will be fine, just flush the tap water out of the hose before using it to rinse.

Pure will stay pure unless it gets contaminated.
Don't worry about cleaning your back pack just fill with pure it will be fine, just flush the tap water out of the hose before using it to rinse.
Thanks. I had a feeling it would be as simple as that but thought I'd better check.

I've obviously got my pole, backpack etc but are there any other things from your experience that you'd recommend to make my life easier/do a better job?

I used rain water in my trolley, about 15tds, used that up (on fascia) filled with pure and the output was 0 again, I don't think it's that fine a line

No such thing as a stupid question
There is such a thing as a stupid avatar though..sort it out Neil:laugh:

I use tapwater in my drums if doing fascias etc

I just tip out what's left at the end and refill with pure

Also i have 1 white lid which if carrying tapwater i will put on that drum so i don't get mixed up and start using tap on someone's windows

Give me a shout monday if you want any help..i can show you how to do it properly and not waste water

i am up great ashby most of the day and then will be popping in to the water place

There is such a thing as a stupid avatar though..sort it out Neil:laugh:
I use tapwater in my drums if doing fascias etc

I just tip out what's left at the end and refill with pure

Also i have 1 white lid which if carrying tapwater i will put on that drum so i don't get mixed up and start using tap on someone's windows

Give me a shout monday if you want any help..i can show you how to do it properly and not waste water

i am up great ashby most of the day and then will be popping in to the water place
I knew someone would comment on my quality avatar :rof:.

Cheers for the offer Dave. It may have to be later in the week though if that's ok with you. I've got loads on this week so my plan is to bang it all out trad and then practice WFP when I've finished each day with an aim to using WFP properly towards the end of the week.

Just shout if you need me bud

I may be too busy thursday and friday but I'm around at weekends

Nice one. Cheers. I've just remembered that I need to sort out the wheels on my sack truck before I can do anything else. I found it last night which was a result but it's got two flat/punctured tyres so I need to have a look at that tomorrow and order new inner tubes if necessary.

Back