Soft Washing, Sofits, Fascias, Gutters, Etc.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Aug 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

seen a few lads doing this on fb with either the stuff you buy ready mixed of mixing their own hypo
    a tip i just picked up & have used with excellent results on 2 first cleans with connys is to put 500ml of asda bleach ( 40p worth ) in 20 ltrs of water in my backpack & spray everything down & scrub & finish off with pure, the hypo is in the bleach but in safe amounts so no worries
    pole & hose was clean by rinsing the houses & just fill backpack & run it dry twice

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Dont know much about bleach but i know it works as i use it when i do pressure washing.

One for the softwash boys...

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

If it does the job it. Does....

For Fsg cleaning etc... If u pre spray. It with a cleaning aid .. Whether its ubik which I use.. Hypo 1-2% mix or bleach. It will all work

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

The active ingredient in most bleaches is hypo so if bleach is your weapon then you are already using HYPO

5. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

Hello Chaps, just wondering if anyone cleans G,F,S by softwashing them or if it's even possible? if so is it much quicker than WFP?

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

There is a misunderstanding about what 'softwashing' actually is, using WFP for cleaning a surface is softwashing, using a decking brush with some hypo to clean a patio is softwahing, it is not just a spray on and rinse off situation, you will hear many softwash lads talking about how they 'agitate' the hypo or whichever choice of chems.

Softwashing put simply is using a 'non aggressive' approach as opposed to the 'brute force' approach of a pressure washer.

But in answer to your question, yes, a few of the lads are using ssoftwashing for SFG.

7. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

I use soft washing on all my SFG jobs
    Spray on u bik
    Agitate with four inch paint brush
    Wipe dry with sill cloth
    Job done

8. simon

simon Guru

Yeah i know, just thought this was easier / safer than using hypo. The stuff i get is 11% i would have no idea what ratio to use on fsg etc. I've used it neat on paving though

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would go for 1% for upvc

10. simon

simon Guru

So that's 1ltr of hypo to 10water???

Advertisement