Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another newbie on the forum

T

Tony Hall

Hi All,

My name is Tony and I live in a small Town in Wiltshire, I've been reading the posts on this Forum for a while now but I've been hiding in the shadows. I'm not starting till next year but I want to get as much practice in as I can, I've got my equipment that I need but I have to save for the car as I've not got one at the moment.

I've had my business cards and leaflets printed by Vistaprint, I have got a printer but I couldn't make anything really good on it. Also got a sturdy pair of BT Ladders as I'm not a great fan of heights but it gives me the respect that will stop me from doing anything stupid while standing on them. I'm not scared of heights just hitting the floor.

Anyway I hope you'll help me with all your wisdom in the future and thank you for allowing me to join your forum. Many thanks all

Tony.:thumbsup:

There is a wealth of information on here also a great bunch of ppl too so if you can't find the answers you are looking for then I'm sure you will get plenty of help/advice./emoticons/wink.png

Welcome @Tony Hall great to have you with us and no longer a lurker. You will find everything you need and many very helpful members ready to answer your questions. :thumbsup:

Hello Gav thank you for the welcome, looking forward to learning about the trade from a wealth of experienced window cleaners.

Welcome, and good luck with your upcoming business venture , what are your plans for getting work ?

Welcome, and good luck with your upcoming business venture , what are your plans for getting work ?
Although it'll not be until next year I hope to do leaflet drops and follow up doing door to door as well as getting in touch with local newspapers to run a story and include an advertisement. I already have one or two people that would like to get their windows cleaned by me, I know that work will build up slowly but I'll only be starting by doing a couple of days a week to start with.

We've got a few window cleaners in my Town but they are hard to get hold of and they have no sign writing on the side of their vehicles, I think between them they share work out between themselves. I've already starting to notice the houses that aren't being cleaned by anyone and may target them first, I've been ill for a long while and want to build the business up slowly if that makes any sense to you. I'm also reading as much information on here as I can, thanks for the welcome Puraclenz.

Leaflet dropping alone won't work so yes it will need following up by canvassing , if you have a business name already get yourself a Facebook page to tell people your plans and business ideas promote your business in media is a brilliant plan too, and those houses you've spotted , move quick as it won't be long before another window cleaner does /emoticons/smile.png

Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you here. You did good in buying a strong set of ladders from the get go. You can always adapt and change your kit as you progress, you will soon figure out whats important, and whats not.

Hello and welcome to the forum Tony. Plenty of very good advice for new starters on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome mate

I'm fairly new myself and have found it very useful and was made very welcome

Likes been said knock on them doors and ask I've never dropped any leaflets just canvassed and it seems to have worked ok for me up till now

Good luck tony

Leaflet dropping alone won't work so yes it will need following up by canvassing , if you have a business name already get yourself a Facebook page to tell people your plans and business ideas promote your business in media is a brilliant plan too, and those houses you've spotted , move quick as it won't be long before another window cleaner does /emoticons/smile.png
Hi puraclenze, I have got a business name but like I said I don't have a car yet so I can't go to jobs. I'm hoping to start after Christmas as I want to train to be the best that I can be before I start, many thanks for the advice./emoticons/smile.png

Hi All, thank you very much for the brill welcome, it's nice to finally belong to the Forum.:thumbsup:

Hi puraclenze, I have got a business name but like I said I don't have a car yet so I can't go to jobs. I'm hoping to start after Christmas as I want to train to be the best that I can be before I start, many thanks for the advice./emoticons/smile.png
You could always get the work in now and sub it until you're ready. That way you'll be earning off it without doing FA.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock