Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashed a half gable wall with sprayer nozzle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

A customer asked me to clean their gable wall which was painted 8 years ago. I don't think they used fungicide because the moss had reappeared in the same place as before. I sprayed the bad bits first and then sprayed the whole wall and a little porch roof then took a tea break. After that I sprayed the bad bits again and then the whole wall till my backpack was empty. I put in extra surfactant to help it stick. It got cleaner as time went on and the moment the sun came out it seemed to sparkle due to the hypo condensing into salt. She was thinking of painting it next year now the preparation work is done. ?

Definitely take pictures as when quoting for future jobs you can show the customer previous jobs.
It was for a neighbour because I don't do many softwash jobs now. I just think there is too much risk for one person. The last time I was cleaning the front of a house the Postman nipped under before I seen him. His red coat has a white streak down the back now so I was lucky because it could have been down the back of his neck. After that job I wasn't a fan of softwashing.

Back