Softwashing house wall

Discussion in 'Softwash' started by CHWS, Aug 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I've been asked to clean the walls of a house , they are white and a bit green. Just wondering what you spray your hypo on with ? I've only a wee pump sprayer but can't really be arsed climbing up the ladder to use it. How would using a bucket with a hypo mix do and just dip the brush into it ? Also what percentage of a mix do yous reckon

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you plan to do more softwash jobs it's worth buying a cheap backpack and connecting a spray gun to a length of hose and rinse it out thoroughly after each job
    Will pay for itself straight away
    Or even a cheap pole and brush to apply and scrub with

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I'm not going looking the jobs but I'm happy to let them come to me , what hypo mix do you recommend

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Personally i would go about 2%
    Search facebook for softwash uk support and join it
    There are a few from this forum on there and you will get good advice from the guys in the know

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You can buy a specific spray gun (battery powered ) called ips pro sprayer that is a gun with lance etc with a hose that you drop in a barrel of made up mix for 225 squid which will do the job perfectly but i like to use my wfp as there is less overspray to go everywhere

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Oh one other thing and so easy of the house there is a grey paint border on the bottom, will the hypo discolour it

7. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Another option is a paint roller on an extension pole. I have used that before. You just need to buy a painters bucket and a big roller suitable for rough exterior walls. Hopefully you already have an extension pole that will fit in the roller handle.

2% hypo should do the trick, possibly less if the green isn't too bad. That is 2% active hypochlorite, so if you get 10% hypo, then 5:1 water to hypo.

If your worried about the grey paint, then spot test first and leave it a week.

Posted via tapatalk

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I don't have a week , the woman is flying back to Canada on Wednesday. Suppose she won't see it from her house :p:rofl:

9. Aquajetexteriorcleaning

Aquajetexteriorcleaning Active Member

To get a 2% mix with 10% hypo its 4:1 is it not. Going on what someone said on another thread. 4+1=5 10%÷5=2%

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That is correct
    5:1 would be roughly 1.6%

Advertisement