Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking At Buying A Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

As above but wondering what to be looking at, I've seen a few manufacturers names bandied about but wondered what everyone might recommend. I don't want to spend more than say 200 squid, is that enough for something decent, light and usable that would go up to 3 floors.

Would it be unwise to go for a slightly better used one from ebay etc as well.

Thanks in advance chaps.

you can get a brand new 27clx for £160 or for for a better pole 20slx for £245.

The problem with buying them off ebay, really you need to see them and inspect them just to make sure there is no damage to them! dont want to pay out that money then use it once and snap!

Cheers mate those 2 seem to be the most talked about.

And yeah thats my problem with ebay as well, I've only looked at ones within a 30 mile radius because of that and they all seem to be brodex or some I've never heard of.

yer the slx is the better one of the 2! but it depends what you want.

like me i spent around £120 on a cheap aluminum pole that does 4 story house. its heavy to work with but i only use it on the 3rd and 4th then i change to the harris pole! that feels like a feather after the other pole!!

I reckon once I put a decent light brush on it and put hose through it rather than round it it'll take half the weight away taping down on bottom section helped get the hose out the way but pushed all the weight up top, I'm only a shrimp at 5'4" so weights a big issue for me.

the hose up the middle of those poles is nearly twice as heavy than the pipe i have round the outside of my poles!

I need the larger bore though mate to stop pressure reducing so adds a lot of weight, 12mm at moment or maybe 11 cant remember so using 8 through pole will not only drop the weight of water by a third but through pole I'll only be lifting hose at the length of pole not the 7.5 metres I'm lifting now. Gotta find some 8mm inside diameter hose now.

Crikey I am tired now. I'm offski lol.

the bore of my pipe is about 5-6mm, i'll have to find out the weight of my pole with water and everything on it!

catch you later!

Yea CLX 27 seems your best bet. I have the SLX 25- reaches 3rd story and light and very stiff.

Used my pals CLX-22 the other day, nice pole but not as stiff as the slx.

If you want a very good pole but reasonable price, CLX is the way to go. I only went SLX as I use it every day for ALL my work so thought the extra money would be well spent.

the hose up the middle of those poles is nearly twice as heavy than the pipe i have round the outside of my poles!
Not true

you are lifting all the hose all the time when you use your pole whenuse a hose that has pipe though the middle you are only lifting the length you are working at .

Not true

you are lifting all the hose all the time when you use your pole whenuse a hose that has pipe though the middle you are only lifting the length you are working at .
just put my spare hose that i have on scales and it only weights 468g for the whole hose! im sure the hose that is on most poles are heavier

and just put some proper 5mm pvc wfp pipe on the scales and that comes in at 867g's and thats not a complete hose.

oh i just remembered that that hose that i used and had a weight of 468g was full of water too! where as the other one was empty

The elite poles from the water fed pole company seem to have similar spec to the gardiners poles. Not affiliated in any way by the way!

when you compare the elite and gardiners they are similar but when you compare to different brands of pole tehy are in a different league. I might get the elite pole so my names on the pole.

Ive got a SLX25(30ft) and SMAX 40 (42ft)

Both great poles ... i hardly sued the smax though... jsut waiting for that big commercial job to come in /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png lol

Back