Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pegasus

Using backpack for first time wfp. Quite impressed but cautious due to ease of leaving spots!

I have lots of properties with small windows. How do you deal with them. A row at a time still?

I assume you mean Georgian windows?

Any stacked glass (windows above or below) ideally need to be cleaned in sequence.

The main thing is to let the window above drain off.

a backpack wont leave any spotting if the water is 000ppm. saying that my ro unit packed up and i have been cleaning with 018ppm this week and no spots or smears and i use a backpack. :biggrin:

12 to20 panes per window. not georgian though.would you rinse the whole thing in one go or go down row by row?

upto how many rinses?

here is a couple of my jobs which might be the same windows as yours ,start at the top I go right to left give everyone a good scrub and a good rinse then move down to next row and so on when you get to the end go back to the beginning again but this time just rinse

View attachment 1484

View attachment 1485

One other challenge was on sash windows where there is an overlap. Getting right into the top edge of the bottom window!

Any ideas?

i hate them kinda windows, if they aint been painted you get some nasty milking of the pain and smears. lots of water on them matey.

Back