Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel cleaning section

I've seen a hell of alot of these springing up all over the place & my friend has recently gained a job with a company putting these up.

What do you use the clean them? water? Or other solutions? This will be the next market oppurtunity for us winny cleaners.

James.

3 quid a panel someone charges.

one things for sure jeff, you won't have a problem reaching them /emoticons/wink.png

Yes i think a few windies have gained some work from these.

I may in the future as the forum grows ad a conservatory, fascias, solar panels area.

Good idea Gav. 3 quid a panel? I guess you could make up any price (within reason) ATM. I'm currently in the process of designing my website ATM so I'm gunna look into it.

I am currently negotiating with a local council that has just installed them on all their OAP bungalows, and lots of houses.

The council paid for the install, the tenant gets free electric while they are producing and the council gets paid from the electricity company for any surplus.

This being the case I am trying for an annual clean for each property - so I can stagger the work over the year.

Definitely a growing market.

dave

If it comes off - yes.

My only worry is that councils can sometimes be really slow payers - invoice at end month, 60 days for payment.

Thats a lot of work before seeing a penny

True but you know you're going to get paid at the end of the day because its the council.

I've done abit more research and apparantly they lose 30% light when they become mucky or have bird S*** on them. I'm looking to produce fliars and leaflets towards the summer to boost my solar panel and soffit+gutter part of the business, hopefully it will pay off.

James.

Thats the same figures I came up with.

Need to have a daddy pole for some of them though - awkward angles, and high - not an easy combination.

Councils will always pay within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of invoice. They have a duty of care to do so
+1 I was speaking to them yesterday and this is what the woman said.

James.

That is good to know - thanks Rico, will bear it in mind.

That being the case I will certainly put a bit more effort in.

I'm getting a custom made light weight dual trim boars hairs bush made so that I can clean the solar panels in my area :)
Whattt, how much is that setting you back? I was looking into this! Which company are you using?

James.

That sounds good Jeremy - please let us know how it works out.

Hadnt thought of Boars hair for panels, but makes good sense.

Boars Hair seem to scrub better - but also hold a lot more water.

this can make them heavier for normal windows - but on a panel there is no weight so it may be better.

When i get them I'll post a pic and do a video for you guys :)

These brushes are amazingly light ONLY 215g

Dual trim so that you can have a better scrub when you apply more pressure if you need too.

I wait with baited breath!
+1 for this. Looking forward to seeing it!

James.

Latest Posts

Back