Solar Panel cleaning section

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jeff Brimble, Jan 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

None of the other forums have one of these, maybe an advantage to this forum, tried to pm Gav but wont allow me. Anyone else expanding into the new market ?

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I've seen a hell of alot of these springing up all over the place & my friend has recently gained a job with a company putting these up.

What do you use the clean them? water? Or other solutions? This will be the next market oppurtunity for us winny cleaners.

James.

3. chip

chip Guru

3 quid a panel someone charges.
    one things for sure jeff, you won't have a problem reaching them ;)

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes i think a few windies have gained some work from these.

I may in the future as the forum grows ad a conservatory, fascias, solar panels area.

5. James

James Guru

Good idea Gav. 3 quid a panel? I guess you could make up any price (within reason) ATM. I'm currently in the process of designing my website ATM so I'm gunna look into it.

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I am currently negotiating with a local council that has just installed them on all their OAP bungalows, and lots of houses.

The council paid for the install, the tenant gets free electric while they are producing and the council gets paid from the electricity company for any surplus.

This being the case I am trying for an annual clean for each property - so I can stagger the work over the year.

Definitely a growing market.

dave

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

That will be a nice little addition!

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

If it comes off - yes.

My only worry is that councils can sometimes be really slow payers - invoice at end month, 60 days for payment.

Thats a lot of work before seeing a penny

9. James

James Guru

True but you know you're going to get paid at the end of the day because its the council.

I've done abit more research and apparantly they lose 30% light when they become mucky or have bird S*** on them. I'm looking to produce fliars and leaflets towards the summer to boost my solar panel and soffit+gutter part of the business, hopefully it will pay off.

James.

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Thats the same figures I came up with.

Need to have a daddy pole for some of them though - awkward angles, and high - not an easy combination.

Advertisement