Solar Panel Cleaning

Discussion in 'Solar Panel Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Jan 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

I have never delved into this, one of my customers asked me to do them last year as the fitter said get them cleaned twice a year to increase efficiency, I told him I didn't do them but may look into it? Anyway I've been asked by another one now so I'm thinking of maybe doing them? Problem is I don't know what pole to use, I have a SLX 18 and an SLX 22. Now obviously they won't reach so was thinking of adding sections to the SLX 22. Now I'm guessing that you probably need a SLX 35 so do I just add section 5 and 6 to make it a 35ft pole? Been puzzled by this as there is a SLX 25 which obviously is 3 foot longer than a SLX 22 but there isn't a 3 foot section is there, I thought all sections were 5 feet? Ideally I want to do both jobs together as I've got the added pain in the @rse of removing the base cap and adding the sections on. Can't justify paying over £800 for an Extreme pole because the pole would hardly be used, the price of those poles needs to come down.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

you would need a pole atleast 40ft to be on the safe side, unless its a bunglow

3. Poles Apart

I can see problems here! So an SLX 39 is probably no good, weight becomes an issue as well the 39 is two and a half kilos.

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I use a facelift phoenix 45ft pole to clean them, no problems with weight with that, think that's heavier than that

5. Poles Apart

Their poles only go up to 40 ft.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have the ultralight section in the top of it to give the extra reach

7. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

we use ex47 and carry 2x extens best bit is as from now were not charging our 4w customers any thing to clean there panels once a year we doing them free of charge

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

really giving work away free?? that's madness

9. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

is it ?? we will see I always reward my long standing customers and they like that we give something back once in a while

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer it is, even with our customers that have them are happy to pay for the service, not giving away a min of £30 for solar panel cleaning

Advertisement