Solar panel + fascia clean.

Discussion in 'Solar Panel Cleaning' started by dth, Apr 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dth

dth Active Member

My first solar panel clean. Solar panel 001.jpg Solar panel 002.jpg Solar panel 005.jpg Solar panel 006.jpg Solar panel 007.jpg Solar panel 008.jpg Solar panel 012.jpg Solar panel 009.jpg Solar panel 010.jpg Solar panel 013.jpg Solar panel 011.jpg Solar panel 014.jpg Solar panel 015.jpg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

Looks very good. What were you doing on the roof though? Could you not do the panels from the ground?

3. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

Also noticed on your bottom pictures you don't have electrical gloves on and there is a metal connector scraping on the glass on the solar panel. Very bad idea. Not criticising, just trying to help. :)

4. dth

dth Active Member

I could have done them from the ground but thought it would be just as east just to get up because my large poles are Brodex **** and the weigh a tonne and the clamps dont clamp the poles properly so i though i would just get up there.

5. dth

dth Active Member

I didnt realise you could get a shock from solar panels, was i doing the wrong thing.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Doesn't look very safe to me. Be carful dude!!!

7. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

Er, I don't know how far I should go with this, but its fair to say your technique was not ideal mate. I would not be using those photos on my website if I were you! :)
    I think you could do with researching a bit about solar panels before your next job. I'm not mucking about, but you can have seriously injured, if not killed yourself on that job. If it would have gone wrong, I would have gone spectacularly wrong. What you need to correct fr your next job is a bit long-winded to explain on the forum.

If you want to add this service to your business, it may be an idea to do a couple of jobs with a company who have a bit of experience and then you can learn on the job. I'm sure others on here would agree.

8. simon

simon Guru

never heard of electrical gloves , whats the crack with them then ???

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've heard they're shocking...

I'll get me coat...

10. dth

dth Active Member

LOL!! I didnt realise i could get a whack from them.

Advertisement