Solar panel pole?

Discussion in 'Solar Panel Cleaning' started by Neil, Aug 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Can I use a slx pole to clean solar panels? With the free gardener brush you get with the pole? What about cleaning the solar panels that look like tubes?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

3. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

The solar panels that look like tubes? Mate, gen up a bit before you clean solar panels. It doesn't sound like you are ready yet.
    Join the UK Solar Panel Cleaners circle on Google+, there is loads of info on there. Add me to your circles, +1 everything you enjoy reading and re-post. It does everyone some good with their Google rank. :)

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Solar Panels that look like tubes are hot water heaters, which works by using the suns heat.

Don't think they work in the winter though lol!

(They prob do with todays technology)

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've just joined and it seems rather dead in there steve :Image16:

6. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

It's not a forum smurf. This time last week, there were 6 in the circle. Now there are 44. Give it time. Articles are being added.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh I see :Image9:

8. HotWash Window Cleaners

Yes you can if it's long enough. Depends which brush you choose. You could clean them with a tbar mop and squeegee if you could reach. There is alot of kidology with cleaning panels. They are outdoor installations which are alot hardier than people would have you believe.
    Very similar to cleaning velux windows on a sloping roof, they get hot in the sun too, just like all glass does.
    As they say don't believe the hype.
    I charge £4 per panel and I clean them at any time of day as well, don't be fooled by someone saying that you can only clean them in the morning as they get hot. What if it rains in the late afternoon when they are hot? Nothing as it is irrelevant as they are outdoor installations.

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

If you can get paid to clean the hot water solar panels then clean them. They are solar panels after all.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Are they?

Thought hot water solar tubes did not produce electric but with the heat of the sun justs heats the water circulating in the tubes.
    So why would anyone want them cleaned as no point surely is there hotwash?

Advertisement