Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder exchange

norm

this is running til end of month if your buying new ladders find participant and bring an old crappy one with ya and get some discount :thumbsup:

not that anyone on here would have crappy ladders :rolleyes:

thats it in a nutshell. a scam of sorts . from what iv read you arent quids in with this scheme as the new ladder is higher priced than usual

oh i did have a crappy ladder norm i sold it for a tenner at a car boot:eek:....it was a bit worn and maybe a bit wobbly....i drove screws in to the stiles but once they go they go....

i think all manufactures should offer a discount for an exchange item to remove them from circulation or to stop land fill..

i have just put two vax in the bin.....when the first blew up they just replaced it and told me to keep the blown one for spares....but the second died just out of guarantee.... i made sure its replacement has a six year guarantee....what a waste though i am sure they could be fixed or the parts recycled...

oh i did have a crappy ladder norm i sold it for a tenner at a car boot:eek:....it was a bit worn and maybe a bit wobbly....i drove screws in to the stiles but once they go they go....
i think all manufactures should offer a discount for an exchange item to remove them from circulation or to stop land fill..

i have just put two vax in the bin.....when the first blew up they just replaced it and told me to keep the blown one for spares....but the second died just out of guarantee.... i made sure its replacement has a six year guarantee....what a waste though i am sure they could be fixed or the parts recycled...
he he think i remember ya telling about that ladder and the guy was a happy bunny buying it :giggle:

thats it in a nutshell. a scam of sorts . from what iv read you arent quids in with this scheme as the new ladder is higher priced than usual
sneaky dirty move

Well they are not going to take your knackered ladders in and give a small discount too without having the ladders up a full RRP are they now @norm /emoticons/biggrin.png

Its like the trade in scheme for cars we had a while back.

Now every tom **** and hairy are trying to mimic the idea as a marketing ploy.

But the government is not paying a subsidy to the companies offering the 'scheme' so where is the discount money coming from?

Well it ain't. The price will include the discount obviously.

In other words, there ain't no discount!

There is just another sale for the company.

/emoticons/smile.png

Funny you should say that as I passed the local scrap metal van and he had ladders throw in the back too with all the other scrap metal ppl wanted to get rid for free.

Well they are not going to take your knackered ladders in and give a small discount too without having the ladders up a full RRP are they now @norm /emoticons/biggrin.png
good point @Smurf toying with the idea of buying a set of trad window cleaning ladders and know the price on web and i have a junk set of ladders i dont use see if it is a con

60p a kilo or thereabouts . so a typical double would be worth a tenner at the scrapyard

Last edited:
I wonder what the scrap metal value is on all that ally?

that thought crossed my mind too tolish.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yep ta boar so could have got a tenner anyway....and i suppose you have helped lift the burden of guilt as of course at a car boot what are you going to lean a ladder up to climb up it....and so he trundled off into the day and i was thinking....should i have done that...but at the end of the day he wont lose out if he went to the scrappy....of course i was more worried about him wobbling to the ground....of course i did tell him....oh honest i did....but he said he wasnt going up too high anyway....

next pair ...im off to the scrappy to ease my conscience....now that may take a while as i am sharing the burden with banana...

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the prices on the ladder exchange suppliers.

You can buy cheaper elsewhere im sure.

If I'm wrong please show me.

Id be interested :thumbsdown:

more i think about it , its greed and deception behind the scheme. youv got to cart in your ladder first , pay over the odds for your new ladder , then the seller gets your ladder to sell for scrap - for decent money . MR [or mrs] greedy guts needs exposing !

Latest Posts

Back