Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling for a battery, need some advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gleam123

The battery ive been using since I started middle of last year is ruined now, im barely getting a mornings work out of it before it runs low enough to stop me in my tracks.

Ive never bought a battery before but I did buy a flojet pump from Gardiners ad the one that came with it wasnt big enough for my DI vessels.

Can someone please help me out here as im really screwed until I get a new battery.

Thanks

Ive no idea what im looking for to be honest mate, I charged my current battery every single ***ht and this morning it said it was fully charged and gave me 2 hours max.

The one ive got at the moment is a 12 volt 18 amp

that is why, its a waste of time, you need at least 60 amps, to last a day, i got a 44amp but i run of a split relay

if you run full power it is only going to last 2 hours as a pump can draw 9 amp a hour

It says 12V 18AHR on the battery anyway so im guessing that means 18 amp.

Im really screwed without one now so I need to buy one asap

go to a local motor factor and buy a leisure battery,

I've had my leisure battery for over 2 years now and with a split charging relay its never failed on me, i dont even have a battery charger for it never needed one.

You dont actually need a seperate leasure battery if you use a pump controller, just wire it up to your van battery. I used a leasure battery for the best part of a year with my 1st setup, carrying that massive lump into the house every ***ht to charge it up, no thanks!. But seriously, unless your van battery is knackered too, it will handle your pump no problem. I have been using mine like this for nearly 2 years.

One other thing, is your battery needing topped up?, if it is, this will affect its performance. You can top it up with your pure water.

I have a 110 amp (2 actually, took one off my caravan and swap them around) leisure battery. Maybe ive got lucky, but mine lasts me about 3 weeks inbetween charges, working 2 pumps 3 days a week.

Heard some people who had bad experiences with leisure batteries, maybe ive just got lucky.

Bought mine from local motorfactor, this way if there is a problem easy to return it. Think i paid around 70 quid for mine. Want to get a split relay charger to charge off van but not got around to it yet!

My controller has built in charger.
Mine has a built in charger too, i bought one like that because i wasnt convinced my van battery would handle it. I neednt have worried!.

talking about bats mate i charged mine on 6v inside of 12v by mistake 2 days ago and was on low today lol opps

Back