Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My plan on my business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I thought i would share my plan for what i want to do because a lot of people on here love reading my posts /emoticons/wink.png haha

My plan is to get up to 300 customers in total.

I want to clean 15 houses a day ( I can not do 20 at the moment because im a bit slow and im new)

I decided that I want to work monday to friday. So 5 x 15 customers = 75 customers per week. I work on a 4 weekly schedule - week 1 , week 2 , week 3 & week 4

I have 38 customers so far and today is my 28th day since i started trading.

My average job price is just under £7.00 ( I live up north ) But when i get to 300 customers i can get that average price up to £8 and then higher and higher

So i worked out that with 300 customers and earning £7.00 average i will be earning £2100 per month

Thats over £500.00 per week : )

I can then grow and do 20 houses per day when i pick up more speed : ) so that will be taking me an extra £500.00 more per a month.

Once i have reached 100 customers i can imagine my phone buzzing much more : )

This week i will be bringing my referral programme in to place.... Recommend a friend family member or neighbour on a monthly basis and get 1 clean for free.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I HAVE DESIGNED A BUSINESS CARD RECEIPT FOR MY CLIENT /emoticons/smile.png FOR WHEN I HAVE CLEANED THEIR WINDOWS ETC IF THEY ARE NOT IN ON THE CARD IT SAYS I WILL CALL BACK SO AND SO.

ON THE REVERSE IT HAS GOT ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THE REFFERAL PROGRAMME /emoticons/smile.png IT LOOKS SO APPEALING THAT ITS AN OFFER NOT TO BE MISSED

The other day i told one of my customers recommend someone and get a clean for free.... so i went today to pick the money up he came running out of his house before i got to the door.... saying my neighbour wants his cleaning but his neighbour only wanted it every 8 weeks. i never said nothing and agreed to give him a clean for free /emoticons/smile.png Cos he was so eager to get a clean for free i thought he still got me 1 customer /emoticons/smile.png And i only charge him £5.00 for his house anyway so he never payed me... but i charged himn £2.00 because i cleaned his fascias above his door /emoticons/smile.png

So i can really see this referral scheme taking off really good. Up north where i work they do anything to get something for free !

So they will not let it slip out of their hands ! Its more business for me at the end of the day.

I am not making a profit on my business at the moment, but i worked out that the day when i hit 100 customers thats when i will be making a profit and start feeling the money coming in to my pocket ! : )

So my aim at the moment is to get up to 100 customers regardless of the cost ! : )

Hope this helps some of you people in your business /emoticons/biggrin.png

If anyone wants to see my Recipt/Referral business card inbox me : ) and i will show you the image

I have also got my van signed up now... but its only 80% done.... got some writing missing of the side... and a phone number missing of the back.... that should be sorted next week ! : )

Phew! I was just gonna hit the sack but would not have slept knowing I hadn't read the latest chapter of the windie in wellies lol. Sounds good big h. Hope it goes well for yer mate & keep us posted. It's not just up north mate down south there do anything for free within reason lol.

Shaun i work over 28 days.... each month i will get a few days left over for my self for catch up lol /emoticons/wink.png

Shaun i work over 28 days.... each month i will get a few days left over for my self for catch up lol /emoticons/wink.png
I tried doing that h but it just don't work as your round grows. You will fit people in on them spare days believe me.

so how many days do you lot work in a week or month then ? /emoticons/wacko.png lol

okay, im going to do 4 days then /emoticons/wink.png mon- thurs

60 customers per week, and then maybe 80 when i pick up speed

I want to try and put my work into 3 days, as we can never expect 5 days to clean windows! Not impossible but very rare. I also want to do a referral on the back of my cleaned today cards, did you design them on vista print mate? Good luck buddy

is 4 days okay? And yeah got them of Vistaprint, they should be a big hit with my customers

What isit? Well they refer somebody to use my service and each person they refer = 1 free clean. So 5 referrals = 5 free cleans

This will help me to build my client base up. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol god H that took me 2 days to read I done half yesterday and finished off today.

I havnt a clue where you only charge so little because your up north I'm even further north and priced seem decent here, good luck with your business plan hope it all works for ya

I’m not keen on hearing people up North have to charge less, probably because its not entirely true or accurate and I know definitely not true for all window cleaners at the self employed level who live North (of what!)

Some one asked me today when do I put my prices up, the answer is every week/month - why wait until you have 300 customers before you start to even think about putting your prices up? Why can’t it be when you reach 299 or after the first 25 customers or 50, 100? Etc

Richard

I don't really get the point in what you are saying with working 3 days, 4 days etc. You will always get down time, whether it is because of the weather, or a vehicle breaking down or something else. I would rather have enough work to keep me going 5 days a week with my weekend off, and if I get a bad couple of days, then I am running a couple of days behind, my customers wont mind. If we are really stuck, me and the two lads that work for me can put in a Saturday here or there to stay up to date.

Laddergadder that is good... im planning on having 4 days fully booked each week out of 4 weeks /emoticons/biggrin.png

Then i can play catch up on friday and saturday if needed

I will also have a few days spare at the end of 4 weeks every month /emoticons/smile.png

And i will not use them spare days up.... i will just sell or give my jobs away that are not much value and replace them with bigger jobs /emoticons/smile.png

Hurunh, we work 4 weekly, so we don't have spare days at the end of the month we have to kick about. I just tell my new customers, we work 4 weekly, but may be a couple of days late from time to time, depending on how the weather has been through the month.

Back