Solvents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Luke Elliott, Apr 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

Did a first clean on a country house with modern Georgian windows. Having removed all the dirt and grime it ins apparent that there is paint and building material on the windows. Silicon, grout, cement, you name it. Even glue on some windows. Nothing we haven't all seen before. Except maybe the glue. What makes it frustrating is the Georgian windows. The customer has asked for the building metering to be removed and it's happy to pay for my time.

Is there any tricks or methods anyone has come up with to aid removal of this stiff other than scraping each individual pain? The scraper is going to be used lot. Just wondering if anything can be done to assist? Solvents maybe?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yeh been a lot of posts about this, one was stickystuff remover off amazon...that is great on glue.

..and i have yet too try it....thanks for reminding me to remind the wife...clitty bang...sorry cilit bang limescale and water mark remover just advertised on tv tonight.....:) oh dont mention georgian windows after the day i had today....:eek:

Advertisement