Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A reminder why I don't clean insides

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
I've only ever cleaned insides a fee times this far and I've always said no more.

Anyway I got asked to do a job on facebook 3 bed detached. I quoted £12 for outsides. she wanted insides doing. oh ok then I suppose it can't be that bad that's another £ 12 then.

Well when I get there it turns out they have a conny with sofas pushed up to the glass!, then she wanted internal doors doing, all shite on window ledges. There were windows that needed scraping. outside was really bad as well. All in all 2 hours I was there.

I have vowed never again for insides.

One of my very first customers was a old boy who wanted inside and outside done. This was back when I was trad and very inexperienced.

I gave him a price (can't remember how much but it was probably underpriced) and went round to do it.

Did the outside and then went to do the inside. Nicotine. Nicotine everywhere. I can't even remember how long I was there but it was a loooooooong time and earned peanuts.

Im not a fan of it either , but its hard to Keep regulars if you refuse to do it once in a while .. At least in my area. But i guess only 5-10% gets it done , so i,ll live ! /emoticons/wink.png If my wifes riding along ( if i Got insides she do) then i just let her inside, while enjoying the colorfull world of wfp. /emoticons/biggrin.png:p:D

I think I just needed a reminder why I avoided them. sweating like a pig trying to avoid breaking stuff.

To be honest it's not normally a problem I've only ever been asked half a dozen times. none of my regulars have them done so I'm very lucky lol

Only problem here mate is FACEBOOK!
You quoted without going to see it didnt you?
I did mate but what if I had travelled the half hour round trip to quote and either A. not got the job or B got the job at a higher price but that extra money was negated by the half hour plus fuel trip I made to quote?

Oh man! £24 for 2 hours graft! we've all been there. I actually like doing insides as long as the custy isn't too weird:eek:

Tell them you will do insides as long as all obstacles are removed from sills and blinds/nets etc are out the way

Easy job then

Ubik or no nonsense degreaser in the solution a magic sponge for spotty windows and crack on

They are a weekly occurrence for me on shops and offices don't love them but definitely don't mind them when winter kicks in.

If you don't do a lot of them and hate doing them charge high and insist every thing is moved for you.

They will always take longer than outs.

I've been doing some insides today on H&M which is one I hate doing as no matter how much I ask them to move the displays back they don't..

Do you not charge a first clean or one off price?

A new job that was filthy and needed scraping should have carried a first clean price plus 1.5-2x increase for insides.

i tell my custmers to clear the window leges wile i do out side then i just go in and crack on if they leve any thing on the legs i dont wipe them lol , also had a shop front ask for inside its a small £4 job i said £8 total wich is more than fair he was like o i thault they be done foe free :rofl:

I did mate but what if I had travelled the half hour round trip to quote and either A. not got the job or B got the job at a higher price but that extra money was negated by the half hour plus fuel trip I made to quote?
Both your points are invalid mate as you said yourself it turned to a pig of a job not worth whie

A : no great loss

B : Same boat you're in now.

One area I am targeting heavily at the moment is a village some 40 mins from my house. At least one trip to quote per week comes to nothing but the overall nubers mean the ones that do negate the ones that dont.

What would have been better?

1: Drive there, realise it's a pig of a job, put in higher price, not get it, dont do job and go home.

2: Quote on internet 'blind' go there realise it's a pig do job anyway, value is negated by time spent sorting out said pig. But now you have a taste of resentment for the job that's going to come back every time it's due again.

Personally I would have driven out and if that bad just said 'sorry sir, not the job for me'2

I've only ever cleaned insides a fee times this far and I've always said no more.

Anyway I got asked to do a job on facebook 3 bed detached. I quoted £12 for outsides. she wanted insides doing. oh ok then I suppose it can't be that bad that's another £ 12 then.

Well when I get there it turns out they have a conny with sofas pushed up to the glass!, then she wanted internal doors doing, all shite on window ledges. There were windows that needed scraping. outside was really bad as well. All in all 2 hours I was there.

It's not never do it again, it's never give a price without viewing the job!

It's not never do it again, it's never give a price without viewing the job!

most of us pick up work wile we are working so its usly next door or one of ur regs who want insides done or the guy who lives down the road ect ide never drive miles out just to quote a small job ide fit it in when im in that area working or as near as i can sod this hoping about stuff takes up to much time that way u dont lose out if its a no go:D

Back