Some Clients Are Crackers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by dth, Feb 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dth

dth Active Member

Did a window clean today for a couple in Allwoodley, leeds with the pole wash, i spent 45 mins first clean scrubbing all the frames and sills up making them look nice, then the cheeky ***** moaned cos i couldnt get the stains off and refused to pay me.

Does any body know a hit man.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what stains where they

3. harunh

harunh Legend

I know wat u mean , dont remove stains u shud charge extra

4. dth

dth Active Member

Just black stains dont know what they are.

5. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Go back and get your money mate! Tell them you want paying at least for the clean glass.

Don`t know if you told them you were going to remove staining? But you at least want paying for what you did do, don`t let people mess you about.

I personally wouldn`t have moved till a compromise was made on the deal.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So you found out today pure water alone with not get black grimy upvc window frames clean.

Welcome to "I clean the frames too" club

The only way to clean plastic filthy black or discoloured frames properly is to scrub with a chem then if that doesn't get them clean a hand job up a ladder is required using a upvc restorer or solvent cleaner.

You should be upfront with the customers next time now you know so that if required to use chems will be classed as a upvc restoration job and you will charge extra for a deep clean.

Don't worry as I learnt the hard way too when changing over to wfp ;)

7. dth

dth Active Member

She was such a lunatic i could not be bothered to argue.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you carry any chems about?

If not then would recommend you try ubik 2000 or vior-sol. Spray on old brush and scrub the frames first. Let dwell for a while then rinse off very well with pure. Don’t let the chem dry on the glass though.

If that doesn't remove all the grime then repeat the process.

Then after with a clean brush wash & rinse the glass as you would normally do

If that doesn’t get the frames clean enough for you then you have no alternative but to use a ladder to do the frames & cills by hand.

Buy also some cream cleaner & solvent would be handy to have also some none scratch white pot scrubber that you can get at most superstores. Black streeks on white plastic are known in the trade as tiger stripes and are near on impossible to remove unless you use a cream cleaner or solvent cleaner but the other chems I have recommended with remove most staines and grime.

Hope this helps?

9. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Well at least I would post an invoice, with a letter asking for payment for work done, might not get a reply but better to try than be taken for a ride..

worth a go mate...

10. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Push comes to shove,ask nicely for the money for work you done,never had this happen myself except when someone had moved.got money in end always do but if she don't pay,spray her windows with dirty water in a spray bottle .
    when she's not in though,more than one way to skin a cat.

Advertisement