Some Other Windy Undercutting Me By 25%

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Knoxy, Nov 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Went out collecting few days ago and I have a couple of flats priced at £8 each, one of the customers said they'd had some other window cleaner offer her his service for £6, lucky for me she told him she's not interested in switching as I do such a good job on the frames and cills :p

Advertisement
  2. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

OMG how can they justify doing the work at £6 regardless of if they are even registered or not!!!

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Depends where in the world you are .

I do a flat 4 windows £5
    The one underneath £6

And another on another estate £6 I wouldn't be able to get more than that though for a 1 bed flat .

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I do some biddies flats for 4 quid but 4 windows each and fly through em. Still a quid a window and very compact.

5. CNS-southwest

I Spose I it's compact, but surely in the long run, the overheads are more? Ie blades, scrims etc ??

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

For me not really, 3 is like doing a large 3 bed semi and 12 quid is good money round here for that and I can probably do these much quicker too.

7. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I've got 2 old ladies that just want the front of their houses done - takes me about 10 mins each and I only charge 'em £3.50 each but they are very small jobs, window upstairs, window downstairs & door..

8. CNS-southwest

When you look at it like that it kinda makes sense lol

9. A.K WINDOWS

i do fronts for some £3.3 windows easy cash not alot but its there just had a jack a$$ ring me saying i want my windows cleaned only worth a fiver a month she then says ill call you as and when i want them doing i said dont bother put phone down some tight fcukers round here.

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i was talking to a landscaper who was telling me about a guy on the dole who was undercutting him and taking his customers , so he was fuming over this scumbag and came up with a idea , he got 2 friends to follow this guy around for a couple of hours constantly taking pics of him working , they even managed to get one where a lady was handing him cash ,eventually this guy made an approach to them and they drove off. this guy hasnt been back to any of his customers in over 6 months so obviously he thought he was been investigated by the dole or inland revenue ,brilliant idea i reckon .

Advertisement