Some questions???

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by trickydicky, Jan 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Hi..I posted most of this in the water fed forum but might have more luck here. Thanks

I currently have a pressure washing/coatings company and i also do a bit of gutter cleaning and fascia/sofitt cleaning by hand/ladder .
    I am away to purchase a water fed pole system for cleaning the conservatories and fascia but will be doing a DIY as i have a pump in a box from my softwash outfit for cleaning roofs and was hoping to adapt that .

I have decided on a gardiner slx25 as my pole as i am also going to be using the pole as a delivery system for spraying the roofs on my softwash as the gun only shoots so far and i believe i can add to make this 35ft if needed.
    I am wanting to build a trolley system that will allow me to switch from tap water for cleaning to R/O Water for rinsing quickly and could do with a helping hand as im not sure of the best way to approach this. I am intending bringing RO water on site rather than using resin.
    I am also wanting to incorporate the unger hiflo in line chemical mixer for my detergent and not sure where this would go in the system .
    I am using a delevan fat boy pump on my softwash and its a 60psi and around 20lpm which i know is a lot more than the pumps that you use. Will the flow controller allow me to turn this pump down to a level thats suitable for the type of work im looking to do?
    Which brush should i be looking at and will it be better with fan jets bearing in mind im only wanting it for cons/fascia cleaning?
    Do you notice much difference on the upvc fascia between cleaning with pure water as opposed to tap water and with it being high up am i just as well using the tap water( which is very soft) or better with the RO water?
    I think i better keep the hot box questions for another post!!

Advertisement
  2. Blastoffcleaning

Blastoffcleaning Newcomer

Good choice of pole, i would go for a sill brush with fan jets then either build a trolley that uses 25l barrels or just use the customers tap then a backpack full of pure for rinsing off.

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

welcome to the forum tricky where are you from pal

4. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

5. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Hi mate i think it would be best if us seprate hoses for the softwash and pure water cleaning as i think the soft wash stuff might contaminate the pure, i was wondering where did you get the soft wash equipment? as im intrested in going into that sort of thing moreso than cleaning windows.

6. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Cheers...Yeah i am getting a 650 litre for van for pressure washing bladder tank. I am putting a dedicated 350l tank on my softwash gear and my wfp will be a portable unit using di resin and customers tap with the option of using the main pressure washing tank if req.
    I got my softwash kit from USA a couple of years ago and have done a few jobs but have not really advertised it at all just when i go to price a roof clean i will mention this option depending on what type of roof etc.
    I will tell you now it is not first choice on heavily mossed roofs which most of them are up north but it deffo has its place and is a great way to do the job.

7. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

What equipment do You have for softwash?

8. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

I have a delevan fat boy pump and kuri tec hose and other bits n bobs...Pm me if you need anymore info..

Advertisement