Someone Shared This With Me On Facebook.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, Feb 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i dont see the prob with knocking doors, as long as you have flyers and give them out, with a land line number and mobile number, and your dress smartly, it is not a problem, all you got to do is some says go away, say ok, no probs and walk off

3. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Never knocked on one door,400 houses plus

4. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Personally I knock on doors but it all depends on the individual. I have a 83 year old Dad so treat all older people with the greatest respect like I would say most do.

You are always going to get the undesirable but most out there have good morals and principles. Apart from that, some I take to the shops, some I deliver horse maneuver for their garden and some just have a good long chat. (All free builds respect and rappor)

One guy who I knocked on his door will rings me every 4 weeks even if its raining just to make sure I'm coming. (Cup of tea and a chat)

However, if they have a sign saying No Canvaser I don't knock... I know some do and use it as a challenge.

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

see the areas i cover all have no canvassers on there door. its a nightmare. i think my older customers are prob the best. they never moan and always ask if i wanna cuppa tea

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

when I lived in Liverpool, there was a guy who went door to door selling them no hawkers or knockers stickers that you put on doors

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

bluemonkey the areas i cover its on all homes now. i love bungalows but there hard to get because of them stickers. only way is ask there neighbours i clean and then they forget to ask them for ya.

8. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

its not as if youre trying to push the window cleaning on them its just a simple "would you like a window cleaner" then you get a yes or no the other services e.g gutter cleaning you have to give them a cooling off period, I think its any work over £35 and a 7 day period from the quotation for them to change there mind

9. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

il still knock them im not a canvasser im a window cleaner lol :)

10. harunh

harunh Legend

i dont like knocking bunaglows cos i find its mainly old people and they eiter take 1 hour answering the door or they just look through the glass and wanna no hu it is so i just leave it lol

Advertisement