Someone snipped mee hose :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Alien Human, Jun 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alien Human

.......at least it wasn't mee willy ;)

Cleaning flats above and ground floor tenant comes out complaining about water coming down......fair enough as she said she had her garden door open .....but I was non the wiser to this as her garden wall is over 6 foot ******* high.

Her 'water coming down etc etc....'
    Me 'I'm really sorry about that, very sorry, very sorry etc etc'
    Her ' What are you going to do about it'
    Me 'I've said sorry do I am just going to carry on cleaning'
    Her 'You are not going to carry on cleaning'
    Me 'Yes I am - I have apologised'
    Her 'No you are not'
    Me 'Really sorry but i am' .....and turn hosepipe back on.
    Her 'I will cut your hose then'
    Me 'If you cut my hose then I will call the police'

.......and basically that's what happened. I had the option to ask for her to be arrested for criminal damage but we settled on a verbal apology and £75.

Now.......the above looks really polite and without blowing my own trumpet I am dead chuffed about coming through a challenging situation......but inside lads I was funkin fuming planning her slow painful demise.

I called the local cleaning supplier that I am good mates with and did all my effing and blinding with them - and it will only cost a fiver to fix.

I am ashamed to admit that much less challenging situations in past have led me being the one who ends up the one being in the turd pile so just goes to show what a change in lifestyle this job has provided me.

Keep saying this to remind myself more than anything else: 'Respond - don't react' :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

brilliant story cant believe how arsey some people are but they have no life so they go out of their way to make something happen..

all I want to do is wrap the feckin pipe around her neck....

count to ten calm down drink da smurfy medicine...dont know how you kept control but great result cant believe some people..[delusional][delusional][delusional][delusional][delusional]

very strange people out there...

now do give her a nice smile if you ever see her again...

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Great outcome, sad she did cut it!

But well done for sorting it out, £75 ay' not bad... Take tomorrow off a blow it all on beer

4. Alien Human

Went for £100 - she said £50 - we compromised on £75

My dad always said 'Ask how much it is then offer 50%.....then work your way up' .....which is really embarrassing but in certain situations works quite well. So I basically did it the other way round :)

The hose is £50 online but I wouldn't settle for that as I had to consider loss of earnings and the time to fix it (even if it will only cost a fiver)

5. simon

simon Guru

thats awesome well done, thats the proer way to react

6. TolishAPurd

You're a legend Alien. Good job mate.

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Fair play for keeping your cool. I can't believe she actually cut it, normally people are all talk. She could of just asked how long you would be and shut her doors! Maybe trad that window next time... Then chuck the dirty water over her windows afterwards :rofl:

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've found that a really peed off woman is the deadliest creature on the planet. You where very luck she only cut your wfp hose as it could have been quite easily something else.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. cheapncheerful

wow yes I still remember my joke about a certain customer not going down too well ...I struggled to hold her back...twas a close call...:eek:

10. Alien Human

That's almost word for word what I said to the policeman smurf :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Advertisement