Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pet Hate!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jas

Ok, to start I am a big animal lover. But today I get to drop a customer because of her lack of control over her dog.

Yesterday Hubby and Daughter are working, go to do a customers house and all the way round they are followed by the dog. Barking and growling non stop.

All the time the custy is saying "leave" "quiet" and so on and the dog is taking no notice, but also saying "Oh he is friendly, he won't hurt you", did she take the dog in - NO!!

Even after being asked to she said it was too hot for the dog to be inside, its not like she was being asked to stuff it in a car, just being asked to put it in the house till they left.

To top it off, after the weather yesterday Hubby had a headache anyway then the dog going all the way round made it worse. As Hubby comes round the house to get paid, customer goes in to get the money, and surprise dog bites Hubby!!

Custy is now saying "you must have wound him up, he's never done that before"

I feel for the dog really, he was protecting his property and was not corrected to show it didn't need protecting. In the heat the dog has been allowed to wind himeself up and get very stressed, he just lost his temper because he was not corrected.

All I can say is this custy is very lucky that was not my daughter that got bitten!!!

Anyone else had any experiances with customers un-trained animals?

Only when Im putting leafets in doors ive been nipped a few times. ITs didint hurt I got more of a fright than anything. They site all quite at the letter box, minute you put your through BOOM! Bloddy thing bites you lol

When i go to leaflet a door.. and the dogs right near the door i still put my leaflet through without being in danger at all /emoticons/smile.png

I just fodl my elaflet up and push it through my finegrs are no wer near inside of the letterbox /emoticons/biggrin.png

But when u have business cards u cant do this

Yes I had this last month, custy say oh the dogs fine so I go on about cleaning then the custy goes and sits in the back garden I'm in the front with the dog and before I know it I'm pinned against the fence pooing myself screaming like a little girl, needless to say I've never returned to clean again sod that

When i go to leaflet a door.. and the dogs right near the door i still put my leaflet through without being in danger at all /emoticons/smile.png

I just fodl my elaflet up and push it through my finegrs are no wer near inside of the letterbox /emoticons/biggrin.png

But when u have business cards u cant do this
What if you dont know theres a dog at the door? lol

I have never been nipped when canvassing, but sadistically I like canvassing!!

Usually most dogs are ok, but you always get the odd one!!

Years back when going round the house a spaniel followed me, constantly biting my legs between windows, customer just watching saying shuddup to it. Good times /emoticons/smile.png

i clean a patio window on one house where an alsation is literally biting the inside of the glass trying to get me! if he ever gets out im f***ed!lol

i clean a patio window on one house where an alsation is literally biting the inside of the glass trying to get me! if he ever gets out im f***ed!lol
Oh yes we had that too, but he 'dirtyied' all over the house once when the owners were out so now they have to take him for a walk when we go round!! Payback!!

Had this with a goose on a large domestic job, would waddle up behind me and strike, it died in mysterious circumstances, I think the gardener got fed up with it.

Back