Sorbo Docket rubber trimmer

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by KleenGleem, Mar 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. KleenGleem

KleenGleem Guest

Hi Guys!
    Does anyone have any experience using the Sorbo Docket rubber trimmer, that allows you to repeatedly trim your rubber anywhere from 12 to 20 times? They go for about $320 to $350 in the US.
    Are they easy to use? Do they only work with Sorbo T style rubber, or can you use them with the normal rounded rubber? Do you have to use Sorbo's teflon coated razor blades to cut the rubber, or will ordinary blades do the trick?
    Any insight would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

I know the sorbo rubbers have 3-4 diffrent indents in the channel to put the rubber so the more you cut the higher you place the rubber in the channel, most other squeegees only have 1, so I would say they are only for sorbo.

IMO they are far to over priced.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#3 boarcity, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    iv recently been thinking of getting one of these. i bleve id be quids in by year 2

4. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I'm currently trying to make a cutter for rubbers, but I can't get past the cardboard and double-sided sticky tape yet. It looks good on paper!

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

thats interesting . is yours similar in principle /size etc to this sorbo docket ?

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The prices of rubber I don't know why you want a cutter

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i probably spend at least £60 a year on rubber, maybe 100 iv not counted up. i was just thinking that over about 10 years i might be able to save 500 which was why i got thinking about cutting

8. TolishAPurd

Anyone got a link? Are you talking about trimming the edge of the rubber off along the length?

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    looks like they are only on sale in the States . im not sure if its economic to buy one .shipping is $75 to England Photo-0022.jpg

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#10 boarcity, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Advertisement