Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking Of Asking Full Time Work For Less Hours

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

i am thinking of asking work for les hours as I am 2 away from 200 custies.... and still working 7 days a week. (5 days for full time job and 2 days for window cleaning)

I was planning on going solo in the New Year but it might be worth going earlier. I just want to get a few more things for my business.

100 m cable and 2 new poles at a total cost of £300 then I have everything.

before you say go solo NOW, I cant, 1 houshold income and mortgage, child, pets, and bills to pay.... (althought we have some stupid bills like loads of insurances the missus insists on...)

I have a week off at the end of october and when I get back I was going to ask work if I can do a 4 day week for about 4 months and them go solo on the window cleaning business.

I am getting about 20 -30 customers a month at the moment and its been this way all year so I should have nearly 280 by jan next year.

All without canvassing - just dont have time at the moment to canvass.

doign well mate

why dont u hit the jackpot and canvass on 1 sunday for 5,6 hours /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png u will then gain a big number maybe /emoticons/biggrin.png

There seems to be a fixation with the number of customers people have, I personally think thats an irrelevance.

If you have 250 customers/ month at £2 each (£500) that isn't so good as 175 customers/ at £10 each £1750).

I did a quick count t'other day, it seems I have approx 190 customers spread over a 6-8 week round. Thats after nearly 4 years and I turn customers away because I've got to much for me to really deal with. (I did have a break from window cleaning for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that I did 10 years and I never, ever counted the number of customers I had)

It's the MONEY you are doing it for. You know what you need/want to earn. Go for that target.

In my opinion :rolleyes:

When I said "I did 10 years", that was window cleaning not as a guest of Her Majesty!

There you go

Look at the money generated not necessarily customer numbers

imo
Exactly Gary , I got around 80 mine generates about the same as what big H's does it's all about the money money !!!,

Not how many you have to service although the less the better .

There seems to be a fixation with the number of customers people have, I personally think thats an irrelevance.

If you have 250 customers/ month at £2 each (£500) that isn't so good as 175 customers/ at £10 each £1750).

I did a quick count t'other day, it seems I have approx 190 customers spread over a 6-8 week round. Thats after nearly 4 years and I turn customers away because I've got to much for me to really deal with. (I did have a break from window cleaning for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that I did 10 years and I never, ever counted the number of customers I had)

It's the MONEY you are doing it for. You know what you need/want to earn. Go for that target.

In my opinion :rolleyes:

When I said "I did 10 years", that was window cleaning not as a guest of Her Majesty!
i probley need around 14 -fifteen grand a year to live on and ill get top ups on that tax credits thats the very basic i can live on. but i wont aim high the first year as its my first time so i probley cut that in half and say about 6 grand and ill canvas each day when my cleaning kit has come though

Regardless of the amount of customers you have you can work harder or alot smarter...The hardest part is getting the pricing right.

Underselling services (to cheap) you will have plenty of work but very little turnover for your efforts compared to working less for more money. Simples....

Ideally I look to do on average 3 houses an hour depending on size which generates £30 - £60 an hour gross.

Regardless of the amount of customers you have you can work harder or alot smarter...The hardest part is getting the pricing right.

Underselling services (to cheap) you will have plenty of work but very little turnover for your efforts compared to working less for more money. Simples....

Ideally I look to do on average 3 houses an hour depending on size which generates £30 - £60 an hour gross.
i couldnt do that around my area as there to cheap and in the west mids there are some areas have realy nice houses, But in my area like all round cleaning they want it for four pound its stupid

my rices are standard

they arent cheap and not expensive just in the middle which i think is about right /emoticons/smile.png

Sorry vito my it works out my average price is £10 (some are only £5 up to about £37) monthly, 6 weeks and 2monthly, hope that gives some clarity your right its about money not amount of houses

H gets paid in rice

Back