Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Genie Backpack / Trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My shurfo still going strong after 7 years ! Yes that's 7 years everyday use

Can you still buy them as no one seems to mention them

Much better than the China jobs - We been through 3 of them in the same time

I've just got my water genie backnow pack just cut the sprayer lance off and attached a valve as in the pic, I will then attach about 25m of 6mm gardiner yellow hose to act as the hose to the pole so I can have enough to do back if the gates are closed will this be ok? Also charging how long does it take and is it ok to leave it charging for a few days?

Just got one also arrived yesterday. Not uses it yet.

Personally putting a very short hose on maybe 5 metres. Dont like a lot of hose on a backpack.

Does the charger have a red led on it like most of the chinese made ones??

It will turn green when fully charged

Not a good idea to overcharge

25m of hose is fine..i had 100m of combined microbore and pole hose on my gardiner one which is essentially the same as all made in China, in the same factory probably

I've just got my water genie backnow pack just cut the sprayer lance off and attached a valve as in the pic, I will then attach about 25m of 6mm gardiner yellow hose to act as the hose to the pole so I can have enough to do back if the gates are closed will this be ok? Also charging how long does it take and is it ok to leave it charging for a few days?
I've had one for a while, just charge it overnight

Yeah I turned it off once it was green as didn't wanna over charge as the instructions are a bit ropey. Yeah well once I've informed my customers they need to leave the gates open from now on ill cut the hose down im only using 25m as i can still climb over and leave the back pack at the gate. Thanks for the info the only thing that I can see being a problem is if that black hose from the back pack gets a split in it as I carnt see how you can replace it.

You will find if you open it that the black hose is just screwed on to the pump with a plastic fitting

The hose has a lump in it that the fitting clamps down

Must be able to get the hose from an ebay sprayer supplier

Although the black hose is very thick walled so i can't see it splitting

Never seen one split

25m of hose is perfect and that is how i first used a backpack

Stick it on the floor by side gate when you start

No need to move it for the whole house as it is at the halfway point of the house

I have 15m gardiners reinforced pole hose wrapped around the handles on the trolley for my gardiners backpack.

Just had a little blast of the back pack and they don't seem to have a pressure cut off switch. Will that not harm the pump? Just feels strange hearing the pump going but I've got the water supply switched off

Back