Sorry.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Aug 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

well i suppose it comes under this thread...but it serves as a warning to us all..

er i just a little bit guilty...

i got a text off a becky...can you clean our windows and please remove the birds nest at the front as its caused a mess ...

well i didnt use my noggin...sorry....well it is august...

so i was rushing and wanted to be home and so i just thought to keep becky happy and quiet remove the nest and the mess on the window and go home before i get trafficked...
    so i ran up and down and back to my car as i couldnt reach the nest and brought back my new brush and broke the nest (house martin) with the pole and i could just reach inside...so for some reason i did...and ..er..i landed on baby chicks...er...sorry..i didnt know ...i mean it is august ..i just thought it was a dead nest...not so happy with becky....any way ...i did a runner and the mum and dad kept flying back so i dont know if they will be saved....but..sorry...in future...i will ask...is it a dead nest...i really am sorry ..on the day robin williams dies too...god what a bummer...:gush:sorry mr and mrs house martins...er i sh it myself too flying into that nest at the speed you do...

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

hmmm...you obviously did not read my post about housemartins then:rolleyes:

3. cheapncheerful

now are you pullin my leg or have i a search to do...i know they are vicious little bar stewards at times...but they do so much work to make that nest...i will go and search....i want to know if they repaired my damage or what..tell you tomorrow....

i think your fibbing again...

very funny ...sends me back here ...oh your a rum un smurf...

4. seye

seye Forum Addict

Up here you can get charged for removing nests in the nesting season, you have to wait until I guess they move on, and even at that I would seek advice before attempting to touch a nest.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

5. cheapncheerful

i am with you on that seye....i love em....but bloody becky....i hope they are alright...i thought spring is nesting time but then again...magnolia seems to be flowering again...i not the only one mixed up....i love the house martins they made good music....ohhh driftin off topic again...

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Legal status
    House martins and their nests are fully protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, which makes it an offence intentionally to kill, injure or take any wild bird. It is an offence to intentionally take, damage or destroy the eggs, young or nest of a house martin whilst it is being build or in use.

The Act allows for fines up to £5,000 and/or a 6 month prison sentence for every bird, egg or nest destroyed.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When to see them
    They return to the UK in April, often feeding over wetlands for a while before returning to their traditional nest sites, remaining here until September and October before migrating south.

8. cheapncheerful

er it wasnt me it was er...the thunder...er honest ...bloody becky wait til i see her...ta smurfy...ya can take the wig of now your honour ...

mind you ....six months inside..playstation..three meals a day..council tax paid...national insurance paid no bills...er...where the fecks me broom gone...

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So now you know in future if you get asked don't do it:thumbsup:

10. cheapncheerful

ignorance is no defence...i guilty ...send me down please...and er..as far away from the wife as possible:cool:...

Advertisement