Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Died :-(

vespawho

What a day, 3 new jobs to do this morning. All started ok but then my water kept stopping and starting! Checked the controller and the battery warning was flashing. Its only a couple of months old.

Quick drive to the local towbar shop and they checked the split charge, all working....put a load on the battery and it was dropping big time. Knackered and needed to get back to work so had to buy another.

Have gone for 110 ah now

So £50 of windows.....

£90 battery!!!

Not happy......but had a silver lining which i will post as a separate post!

What a day, 3 new jobs to do this morning. All started ok but then my water kept stopping and starting! Checked the controller and the battery warning was flashing. Its only a couple of months old.

Quick drive to the local towbar shop and they checked the split charge, all working....put a load on the battery and it was dropping big time. Knackered and needed to get back to work so had to buy another.

Have gone for 110 ah now

So £50 of windows.....

£90 battery!!!

Not happy......but had a silver lining which i will post as a separate post!
If it makes you feel better mate I didn't have my van from last Friday until Tuesday night & bill came to £1400.05p lol stopped me working the bank holiday weekend too!

I had a similar start to the day as went to top up me van tank only to find the controller had been running on dead end stop overnight.

Not only was the controller flashing bat but had a flooded van too as one of the hose connectors blew.

That’s what happens when you get old as my memory is shocking :Image13:

It did help as the job I was on I parked the van on a hill so got rid of most of the flood water through gravity. Also pluged the battery on charge when I got to the property as I new they were going to be home :Image10:

Haha Smurf.....i'm only 44 and my memory is shot!!

Bet you have got a nice clean van floor now :Image9: And handy that your customers were in and let you charge up. .....Just off to check i have turned everything off !! lol

I must flood the van at least once a month so now have drainage holes so flood water has somewhere to go :Image13:

Back