Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook promote your business

A

abs

I'm considering running a 10 day advertising slot using the promote your business page ,I was just wondering has anybody here tried this at all and if so which price option did you use and did it bring in much new work ?

If it's like Google ads then might work out expensive to do for very little benefit

i usually run an ad for only 3 days myself. usually 3 quid per day running over a weekend

i spend some time editing work fotos beforehand on befunky.com ,sharpen them,ad speech bubble etc to make the fotos eyecatching and then load these as the face of the facebook ad . weather at the time of the ad run has a big impact,if its bright sunshine the ad will work as the reader will look at their awful windows,if its grey outside however youre doomed to meagre results

bank holidays are the best times to use facebook, when folk are bored at home but wanting to spend money somewhere

Last edited:
i usually run an ad for only 3 days myself. usually 3 quid per day running over a weekend
i spend some time editing work fotos beforehand on befunky.com ,sharpen them,ad speech bubble etc to make the fotos eyecatching and then load these as the face of the facebook ad . weather at the time of the ad run has a big impact,if its bright sunshine the ad will work as the reader will look at their awful windows,if its grey outside however youre doomed to meagre results

bank holidays are the best times to use facebook, when folk are bored at home but wanting to spend money somewhere
Some good info there m8, so is if worth doing ?

Some good info there m8, so is if worth doing ?
yes,worth doing. it took me a few wasted ad attempts before i worked out how to narrow down the target audience in the ad set up options,

it is essential to set it up carefully , otherwise the ad gets seen by people not in your exact work area ,or worse still,gets sent out to kids . dont press GO in the rush to get your ad live, until your sure

think weve all seen a butchers facebook ad from hundreds of miles away on facebook,you dont want to be rushing and **** up like he did when he set up his ad

iv probably ran about 10 paid ads over the last year and picked up somewhere around 40-50 regular jobs using paid facebook. they tend to be bigger houses on the edge of town, not really ideal in my book but hohum somebod has to do them

the old saying =youve got to be in it to win it.

Last edited:
cant remember where i read it, or praps i heard it, but it said good advice is to spend money AND KEEP SPENDING MONEY on marketing in several diffrent ways if you want to make real progress . too many people [myself included] reel in the advertising spend once they get busy. but thats the very time you should be spending every spare penny youv got,

last few yrs iv caned the advertising in Spring but then done nowt much to drum up work in Autumn, thats a mistake, because it allows gaps in my workload to form

in my town a local lad started up last Autumn ,started advertizing blatantly that he would undercut and this got him a toehold. i bleve if id been running an ad campaign at the time instead of watching his, id have finished him off before he got going. instead hes still cruisin around

Last edited:
Back