Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel at side door or back door?

probably better to remove that rich,too many knifes and backs in this trade
when I get asked to by them I will. until then is stays. van pictures have been all over facebook and the owner of ionics are in the same groups I post in, so I'm guessing hes already seen pictures

but in essence you are advertising a product you don't use?,so is false advertising on your van,sorry but i'm pretty much honest when it comes to advertising and prefer to be above board on things like this

but in essence you are advertising a product you don't use?,so is false advertising on your van,sorry but i'm pretty much honest when it comes to advertising and prefer to be above board on things like this
only window cleaners know what the sign is. not jo blogs.

just think of all the window cleaners out there that state they use pure water! and use water higher than 000ppm! that's also false advertising.

oh people that add vision into there water oh that's now not just pure water! the list is endless.

the ionics symbol is only for people that use ionics stuff,

well I use ionics resin so in a way I'm using ioncis products!

How many customers come up to you and say, hey is that an ionics logo? do you use ionics systems?

i would bet zero, what customer would have heard of ionics?

false advertising maybe but whatever, i say on my car valeting website i only use autoglym products (and some other branded products that you wont have heard of) which i do but i also use poundshop dash spray and smart price all purpose cleaner and whatever cheap stuff does the job lol

only window cleaners know what the sign is. not jo blogs.
just think of all the window cleaners out there that state they use pure water! and use water higher than 000ppm! that's also false advertising.

oh people that add vision into there water oh that's now not just pure water! the list is endless.

the ionics symbol is only for people that use ionics stuff,

well I use ionics resin so in a way I'm using ioncis products!
you've just bought some vision rich,i can see that from the vision fb site you was asking about the dosage,

@kevinc250. I guess it would be up to Ionics to request that @rcproperty remove the logo.

I also agree with fellow posters that the Ionics brand is probably mainly known by window cleaners. @rcproperty has been active on forums for many years promoting ideas to fellow window cleaners. If he does a good job running his business then why would Ionics not want their logo all over his van. For them its free, positive advertising amongst local window cleaners. In that case they would probably turn a 'blind eye' to it.

Where the issue for Ionics is where there are a couple of scruffs running an old mustard coloured Transit Connect with a plastic tank held in place with some cheap B&Q ratchet straps with the Ionic's logo over their van and leaflets. These type of cleaners are using the Ionics name in the hope that this is the way forward for them to promote their business. That type of operation would incur the wrath of Ionics.

Advertising is a funny old game.

The ionics logo is only for use if you have one of their systems you can't even use it if you have one of their cheaper pure 20 systems.

I agree that outside the window cleaning industry most won't know it.

But look at it another way.

A lot of large multi van companies get systems fitted with ionics there use to be one that came in to Stevenage they had ionics thermapure systems and they advatised it across there vans.

Over time local people will continue to see the vans and build up an association with that logo,then they see a small company with it on and think he must be part of them lets get a quote.

In reality it's up to rc what he chooses to do and has nothing to do with me or others but I get where kevinc250 is coming from.

I'd be more concerned about some one valeting my car claiming to only use autoglym and then using cheap sxxx from pound world.

That would be misleading there paying you to use quality products.

you've just bought some vision rich,i can see that from the vision fb site you was asking about the dosage,
yes I have just trying it out to see what all the fuss is about with it. used it for the first time today

plenty around my woods have ionics signs on there vans,umm mine does also!!! as I have a system fitted in my van by them.ring the AA and a van turns up.ok its an AA van or is it!!! its blue.would you question it??

ok,i apologise for highjacking the post and what may seem my **sy comments,alcohol was not involved but its a highly emovetive subject for me,

having worked my butt off and saved for what seemed ages i was able to buy my first ionic stystem,it is a very well finished item and the sense of pride in owning one was immense,did i use the logo on my van-no i didn't as whilst you own one of these stystems you are entitled to use this on your sign writing, but i beleive the logo is not really known to customers but more so other window cleaners,it then becomes a more kudos thing as in displaying the logo suggests you've "made the grade"and become more professional,displaying the logo without actually owning an ionic stystem is either false advertising or just a way to get a bit of false kudos imo

whilst at the moment i am running a pure freedom stystem-i sold the ionics to gain a larger stystem

this year will bring a larger ionics stystem with thermpure added,

ok,i apologise for highjacking the post and what may seem my **sy comments,alcohol was not involved but its a highly emovetive subject for me,having worked my butt off and saved for what seemed ages i was able to buy my first ionic stystem,it is a very well finished item and the sense of pride in owning one was immense,did i use the logo on my van-no i didn't as whilst you own one of these stystems you are entitled to use this on your sign writing, but i beleive the logo is not really known to customers but more so other window cleaners,it then becomes a more kudos thing as in displaying the logo suggests you've "made the grade"and become more professional,displaying the logo without actually owning an ionic stystem is either false advertising or just a way to get a bit of false kudos imo

whilst at the moment i am running a pure freedom stystem-i sold the ionics to gain a larger stystem

this year will bring a larger ionics stystem with thermpure added,

having an ioncis system doesn't make anyone more professional than anyone else. it just shows that you have money to spend.

ioncis systems does nothing more than any other system.

they all work the same.

the systems don't make a good window cleaner, its the person that makes a good window cleaner.

Back