Speeding Up Water Pressure

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Posh, Aug 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

As a lot of you know my water pressure is very slow. I have a RO with booster pump fitted which speeds it up a bit but is still slow. My question is this.
    Can I buy a pump that I can connect to my hose coming off my tap so the water goes through it & speeds it up before it hits the RO so it goes through the RO quicker then hits the other pump fitted to the RO to make it quicke.
    And if yes does it work & where would I get one?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When you say your tap pressure/flow rate is low have you actualy put a tester on the outside tap you are using?

3. Posh

Posh Hero

I'm using a inside tap. I live in a flat. Think it's about 24 which is about a quarter of a bar

4. JonS

JonS Member

Think 24 is about 1 3/4 bar if my maths are correct. 14.5psi per bar? might be wrong though

5. Posh

Posh Hero

I've got that wrong then. It is about half a bar

6. JonS

JonS Member

I feel for you Posh, i havent tested my water pressure here but its reasonably high and can produce a couple of litres of pure water per minute without a booster pump.

7. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Is it your flow that needs increasing or the actual pressure?
    For pressure you can buy some mammoth boosters that go to around 120psi, although they cost!!
    Flow wise, there should be a mains tap that you can adjust the flow although you're limited to what you can adjust it to....living in a flat you'd probably have to do it on the sly as id imagine you all share the same main tap so you'd increase everyones flow!!!

Advertisement