Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Out Of 4 Years Of Cleaning Windows Using The Wfp

Squeak and Bubbles

I have never had this problem. Custy left a voice message to say they don't want me cleaning their windows using he wfp as it's taking the shine of the varnished frames and making them peel. Asked if I can clean them trad. I have many other custys with the same spec or just painted frames/sills and never had any issue. I know it's nothing to do with wfp, but have you had a similar problem?

Cheers

Darran

ive had the paint come off an crack think its coes the water. is so pure an cheep paint an varnish dont help,i now use a flocked brush for them cos the mono brushes will b harsh on them .

I never go over varnish or painted frames/sills. Never had any other issue with any other custy with painted/varnished frames. She was okay with it, just want it cleaned traditionally now. Well I won't be doing it
xImage9.png.pagespeed.ic.1xBcXCQe62.png

ppl do come out with some utter twaddle as seems to me they just can't be arsed to maintain their window frames & sills properly :Image13:

I have turned loads of jobs down myself because of the condition of wooden painted/varnished window frames & sills

ppl do come out with some utter twaddle as seems to me they just can't be arsed to maintain their window frames & sills properly :Image13:

I have turned loads of jobs down myself because of the condition of wooden painted/varnished window frames & sills
Don't blame you one bit Smurf!

Had this conversation with my dad too as he is joiner makes wooden frames!

New frames and newly pained ones arnt bad, its the ones that are in bad condition!

So even trad cleaning even if you thought you scrimed it properly can get streaks coming from the top! and its the same for wfp!

I think it is they are shocked at what you earn a hour and they want you to go back the old way as they are think they get more value for money the trad way

I must admit, if someone rings me for a quote, I always ask them if wooden of upvc frames. If they wooden I ask what condition is the wood in and if painted or varnished also if any of the windows lean when raining. I always tell them I don't clean wooden frames/sills but will clean their windows. If i turn up and the wood isn't in good condition I just knock the job back. Like I said at the beginning, I have never heard that before re varnish flaking or lost it's shine through wfp. Nice custy, but hey ho I won't lose sleep over it :)

One lad on here I'm sure it was whilst cleaning a window the glass actualy fell out of the frame as it was so bad. :Image3:

I wouldn't have cleaned it... Some of the schools that I clean have cracked windows, or the frame the glass in so dodgy, I tell the lads not too touch those... not worth the hassle.

Window cleaning customers just want clean windows & doors irrespective how long it takes and whatever method is being used. So I would say if they are happy with the service and price then money a window cleaner may or may not earn is none of their business.

Latest Posts

Back