Spilt charge relay

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Feb 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

u will still need to bench charge once a week or every 2 weeks depending how much cleaning u do

as u need to do a fair bit of driving before the split starts charging the leisure battery
    the plus side of it is

wehn the battery is dead u can keep cleaning if u leave van ticking over :)

3. steve hawing

cheers peter

i do do a fair bit of driving throughout the week as a fair bit of my customers are rural then factor in normal stuff day to day stuff id do maybe 100- 150 or so miles per week

but handy tip there regarding leaving the van on tickover when leisure battery dead didnt know that cheers

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

5. steve hawing

cheers for that Greenpro

Sure a video would be good to see how to wire it anyway

though by time i factor in wiring and the other stuff id be near the price of the kit i seen would i?

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Then buy the kit in that case, I happen to have all sorts of odd wires etc so it dont cost me anything for bits.

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We have done that on a number of occasions to get us out of a dilemma. We don't do much mileage so our split charge relays don't help us much with recharging, but its always nice to know that we have a backup.

However, you need to ensure you vehicle is fully secure. If your van got stolen then you will invalid your insurance. Its also illegal to leave your vehicles engine running in the street unattended. I had a steering lock on my Suzuki van I used to put on when I owned a trailer system. The leisure battery on that trailer was replaced once a year and always seemed to be flat.

Full fitting instructions are included with each relay. All you mustn't forget is that your leisure battery - terminal needs to be earthed to the van's chassis as well. We have 2 of those same relays.

8. steve hawing

Cheers lads ill get on and order the kit as i havent the spare parts to build one

Spruce are you referring to the one i linked too that you have 2 of them kits? cheers for heads up on having to earth it

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

that's the same one I have been using in my vans for the last 4 years.

I have a 110amp lesure battery. since I put the battery in the van 4 years ago, it has never been on a mains charger.
    I have run a 2 man system off it for 2 years.

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

leaving the van ticking isnt a sloution lol its a quick fix at the end of the day if u have a split relay

Advertisement