Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing. Gutter cleaning cheaper than window cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

StorminNorman

This evening in the local grocery shop I picked up a flier of a local handyman who is offering a window and gutter cleaning as well.

Just for the craic picked up my phone and rang him to see what competition is charging over here.

So asked him to quote my standart 3 bed semi for windows and gutter cleaning:

Windows - 45€ (outside only)

Gutters - 30€

!!!!

I am charging for the first windows for the same type of house: 20€ for the first clean (takes me 30 min) and 15€ for monthly or 6 weekly cleans (takes me 15 min).

For gutter cleaning I am charging 40€ for the same house as it takes me less than an hour to get it done.

So I dont know.. maybe I got it all wrong but after all posts I read here it seems to me that gutter cleaning is always more expensive than window cleaning as it has to be done only once a year..

Confused.

asked him to quote my standart 3 bed semi for windows and gutter cleaning:Windows - 45€ (outside only)
That's about £35 for a standard 3 bed semi? Bloody hell - I'm moving my canvassing operation to Ireland.

That's about £35 for a standard 3 bed semi? Bloody hell - I'm moving my canvassing operation to Ireland.
Nobody is paying that here for windows. Its around 15£ for first cleans and 12£ for monthly. Dont know where the guy got the prices from..

Strangely enough using our gutter vac there have been times when we have cleaned gutters as quick as windows, still charged about 3 times as much though!! One time we did a job and the trad cleaner was next door and we both started at the same time and we finished a couple of minutes before him, he got £9 and we got £50.

With gutter vac I am flying thru the jobs just got it two days ago and already cleaned 4 houses in between the window cleaning routine. 3 bed semi takes me about 35 min with it (from van to van). Same time I am spending for first clean on windows, but for gutter cleaning I can charge twice as much. Just yesterday I put add on Facebook and I got a busy week ahead of me!

It looks like it will pay for itself in no time at all.

Thanks, Alex! /emoticons/smile.png

Back