Splitting a backpack

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Paul, May 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Could I take one of my WCW backpacks to bits put it on a trolley with a 50m hose or even leave it in the van with the hose and us the 25l drums would the pump be strong enough ??

Advertisement
  2. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yes mate i did it yesterday lol with mine got a outdoor box from bnq for 20 quid didnt even need to but any more hose or cable or owt ill try n post some pics up

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

cheaper than buying the ready made pump box's i was looking at making some myself yesterday .

4. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

sorry cant upload pics it keeps saying file to large and dont know how to reduce it any chance i can email them to someone please for them to post

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Send them to me mate paulrodda1@hotmail.co.uk I'll post them for ya[hr]
    Do you use a hose with it aswell or just your pole hose

6. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

just the pole hose got 10m on a 5m pole and just use a rectus 21 fitting
    [hr]
    sent them paul

7. Masons

Masons Guru

If the pump will be strong enough yes.
    Don't forget that a lot of back pack and trolley pumps aren't 100psi, and I'd have a minimum of 100psi able pump for pushing water through a hose.

you won't have it on full blast all the time but the stronger the pump the better.

8. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

mines a 70psi 2.5 ltr a min and it works well with that 10m hose and used it at about 20 ft high, the main reason i split it n turned it into a trolley coz i was fed up of pouring barrles into the backpack every 10 mins its been fine for what ive used it for dunno if it would be any different with 50m of hose or 30ft high thow

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Won't let me do it either mate but it looks very smart you done a good job of it, think I'll do the same getting fed up of filling my BP up all the time.

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yer its a pain isnt it. it only took me about an hour i could do with a better trolly thow that ones not the best but it does fold down nice and small

Advertisement