Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Twitter for your business?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Simply Business

Hi guys! So I know a few of you use Facebook to help advertise your business - some of you regularly, some of you have dabbled.

I was just wondering if many of you use twitter from a business perspective? If so, how does it work for you? And if not, why not?

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

Personally, I'm a big fan. The ability to get involved in conversations of interest with relative ease compared to facebook is a big plus amongst other things! But it can be a bit noisy!

Funnily enough I got my first job yesterday from twitter after using it for maybe a year?

I'll be honest, I don't really know how to utilize it to get work, I have followed a bunch of businesses in the local area, and have quite a few followers, but then all I do is tweet random stuff about work.

So far, other than like I say a single job yesterday it has been a complete failure lol.

Facebook gets me work every week, if I could do the same with twitter I would be over the moon, but I just don't know how to?

Thanks for the reply, how did it come about @Diwrnach? Did somebody contact you, having come across your profile? Or was it the other way around?

I suppose, it's quite trade/sector specific for how you can use Twitter. Obviously with window cleaning being reasonably locally-focussed, twitter can be difficult in terms of narrowing down audience.

The customer spotted me awhile ago and messaged me on it and gave me a ring.

Will tweet now and again, but doesn't really seem to work for me, though that may well be down to me not using it well.

Ah right, interesting @Diwrnach. In terms of customers coming to you, a good set of regular pictures of your work would help, I suppose?

But there are also localised hashtags that you can get involved with, to at least increase visibility and engagement in certain areas. It's probably not set up for lead-generation, but every little can help!

iv ran a couple of twitter paid ads , low take up . a local twitter/facebook guru runs courses in twitter for business, im waiting for her to run a weekend /or evening course, up to now all her courses have in the daytime,when im working

Latest Posts

Back