Spot-lite poles from cleaning spot

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Alpha, Jan 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alpha

Alpha Member

Hi all. I need to buy a new pole and found the spot lite range on cleaning spot. They look really good but was hoping to get a review from someone who has used them.

Has anyone here used any of them also are they any good?

I currently use a gardiner clx

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

stick with gardeners. probably cheaper also.

3. Alpha

Alpha Member

I didnt think many people would reply with any reviews or experience with the spot lite range as there new products. Thanks for your response albootyerbals i knew i would get that response as gardiners poles are awesome however the spot lite poles look great and very similar to gardiner poles and are very affordable. To be completly hounest i think the look much better and i hate red poles ie. the clx i know that is a irrelavent choosing point but i cant see how there performance cannot be as good as gardiner poles from what they look like to me. I reccomend you guys take a look at them and post some feedback.

Cheers all

4. bob duff

bob duff Member

Buy the new gardener 25 extreme 3 yes it's dear but let's be honest you should get 3 4 5 years maybe even more out of it work that out per week it's nothing it is so light so you won't hurt or damage your shoulder plus you will be able to do more work in the day as you won't be knackered it is a fantastic pole I promise you will not regret it

5. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hi Alpha

As you have asked.....

As the manufacturer of Gardiner Poles I obviously take great interest in any pole that comes out looking very similar to our products. I have examples of these Spot-lite poles (The Water Genie poles are also the same item with a different label) in my possession and can easily summarize the differences for you.

The surface quality of the carbon is inferior and uses an older technique of wrapping.
    The clamps, whilst designed to copy the look of the Gardiner Smart Clamps are actually much inferior and do not offer any of the advantages of the Gardiner Smart Clamps.

The result is that, whilst the pole will appear to operate in much the same way as a Gardiner pole and has been designed to look almost identical, it will not last anywhere near as well as a genuine Gardiner Pole. The quality of the pole surface and the lack of self-adjusting mechanism in the clamps means that they will start to slide and spin very quickly compared to the Gardiner poles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. albootyerbaws

there you go a review from alex who has the pole.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. bob duff

bob duff Member

You get what you pay for I have only had dealings with gardener and they are brilliant any problems will be sorted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

#8 Marko067, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Alternatively you could buy the pole and review it for others. :D:D
    Me personally, I learned what I wanted form my early excersions with several terrible fibreglass poles and Gardiners poles ticked all the boxes. I currently use the SL-X 18 as my everyday pole.

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

its good to tryn other poles u never no if the new pole out could b as good or beta gardners are very good tho im happy with my slx when i upgrade ill get the extreme as i want the litest pole i can get but if i wernt fussed ide probly try other poles out there just to c how they are the xline poles look and fiel nice also the viper poles

10. albootyerbaws

first pole i got was a bayersan impressor. maxresdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement