spoting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by washerman, Nov 10, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. washerman

washerman Guest

Hi all i need some help please, i have just started using a w.f.p. and i think i have the basics.
    I do have a problem, i did a few houses this week with the pole and when i collected i asked what they thought of the clean they said the windows wher clean but there was spotting on them.
    Now i checked the t.d.s and it has never been any higher than 5 so t.b.h. im stuck am i missing some thing in the way im cleaning!??

please helpl!!

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

most likely culprit will be dirt running from the top frame. also if they have been cleaned for ages with soap, the residue can sometimes take a while to come out. wooden frames can be similar to the 1st scenario, impurities in the wood running down the glass, leaving spots. and there are a handfull of windows that just seem to spot whatever efforts you put in, but chances are that in time they'll come up good. can be advantageous to do them twice on the first clean, and give a good rinse

3. James

James Guru

Can't explain it better than Chip tbh. The most common reason is dirt running from the top of the frame.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Moving to window cleaning area. ;)

5. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

Sometimes the only answer is to blade the windows afterwards without detailing, I like using a Wagtail squeegee as it adjusts to the top of the frame when used on a pole, you become adept at using it after a lot of practice.It does add time to the job but enables you to keep the custy, which I think is better than having to find a new one.
    Some Hydrophobic windows wil always spot :)

Advertisement