Spots On Sides

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by john39, Jun 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

i have noticed on alot of windows,after giving them a good clean.
    when i rinse i get that sheeting effect,but on some of the windows around the bottom corners it dont sheet and leaves spots.
    is this down to maybe some sticker from the manufactures that has been recently removed? or just a bad section in the glass?
    or maybe my own mistakes causing this?

john

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Don't know why, but the sides and bottom of the glass, specially if it's hydrophobic doesn't sheet as much as the middle of the glass.

Does the glass seem to dry and not stay wet in these areas for you even if you rinse well?

3. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

yes strange aint it?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If upvc windows stick some ubik on your brush and give the whole glass area and frames/seals a good scrub the rinse very well which I find helps

5. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

hydrophobic glass doesn`t sheet at all. Hydrophilic does.

If most of the glass is sheeting it`s hydrophilic glass, the reason it doesn`t sheet at the bottoms is probably because of old glass with some atmospheric build up at the bottoms / sides / top (even if un noticeable when dry) or the coating has worn.

[​IMG]

Advertisement