Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sunglasses?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HotWash Window Cleaners

I need some new ones, think my Ray Ban have stopped working properly. Seems to be letting sun hurt my eyes now they were always ace. Now not so sure.

Do sunglasses wear out?

What glasses do you use and why?

Just cheap ones from lidl when they have them on offer. Usually loose them within 6 months.

As long as they have protection that will do me v

I wear them gold/orange or blue sun glasses gives like 100% protection,

Used to wear the brown/black tints but having worn gold/orange or blue sun glasses never go back!

Usually cost more, but nothing more then £20 or even cheaper at the end of season!

I even wear sun glasses in winter if the sun is bright enough! (everyone is like its not summer why you wearing sun glasses, but if the suns out bright then it don't need to be summer lol!)

Think about £40 better than £150 + for Oakley or similar.

Polarised ones are made for blocking out glare at horizontal & flat surfaces including water, lots of fisherman use them.

Your eyes are important you only get one set so look after them lol

What Are Polarized Sunglasses?

There is much talk about the benefits of wearing polarized sunglasses but do you actually know what they are or what they do?

This short post will briefly explain what are polarized sunglasses and why they are a great investment, especially for those who are constantly outdoors.

What Are Polarized Sunglasses?

Polarized sunglasses blocks out the horizontal glare and haze from flat surfaces such as roads, desktops and tables, and water. A special film is applied to the lenses to make them polarized. When the light hits the lenses, the reflective light is filtered which eliminates the visible glare.

Who Benefits From Them?

If you are very sports-active or love the outdoors, these sunglasses should be a key investment for you. If you love to fish, the sunglasses will block out all of the reflection on the surface of the water and you’ll be able to see your fish clearly through the water.

My dad uses raybans, I need prescription glasses as I am blind as a bat. I wear a baseball cap to keep the glare out of my eyes

Back