Spotting Again!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Feb 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

ok like i just said on another thread i am my worst critic like i'm sure most of you lot are too but this spotting lark is really getting on my nerves now it does it on some windows on and off then its got regular windows that always spots, i've changed my method, pole, brush, water purification but still get spotting. not loads but enough that i cant trust wfp. this is going to be hard to describe but here goes

today i may have had a break through as to why its spotting......you know where a window has a permanent mark on like where 2 openers meet and drip down the centre of the large pane below or where water drips down off the brickwork and leaves a run, well the spotting always happens on these well trodden areas if you will, i get rid of the streaks by giving em a good scrub the visibly disappear but when i rinse you can clearly see the pure water hanging onto the same run mark thats just been washed off!!!!!!

the only thing i can think of now is to proper blitz these problem frames/windows with something like citrosol and hope it gets rid of it, i pick up my 1st 5l of citrosol tomorrow as pvc cleaning starts next week

anyone with more time with wfp got any tips to stop this pain in my ****?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Brick work you say? Go back to the window beneath the brick work when it's stopped dripping. That's worked for me.

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

You could either give them a really good clean, but unless the top openers are open to get underneath seals, probably wont work.

Or when you clean regular don`t let water run down between them.

or still clean between them but leave the bottom pane until dripping stop,s going to a no problem window to clean that before returning to just clean large pane underneath

or a combination of the 2

4. keir

keir Guru

you both got me wrong, not while i clean them, more just natural marks that over time leave run marks. the houses i clean have really sandy brickwork and when the rain runs down the walls sometimes they run onto the windows and leave these marks i'll try and get some photo's and show you what i mean

5. OoO

OoO Guest

I know exactly what you mean bud and its easily fixed.

As long as you have no water above on the frame, that will drip onto the area do this!

All you have to do is flatten bristles quite hard onto glass. NOT TO HARD LOL!!! and then rinse the glass with the bristles flattened out. This "should" leave next to no water on the glass.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'll try this tomorrow. So you rinse on the glass Damo all the time?

7. harunh

harunh Legend

hover ya brush over the top frames so this stops all the dropping

then scrub the glass etc and then rinse

i always rinse on glass... and i never get complaints about spotting :)

8. keir

keir Guru

ah ha!! i tried that damo today, but the pure water is very stubbornly not playing. also another spotting culprit i have noticed is where the pure water sticks to the top horizontal seal like sh*t to a blanket then slowly relieves itself onto the glass.....very annoying this one.

i'm just hoping citrosol is as good as i've heard

i think in the next couple of weeks i'm going to knock up a flier for my custys and let them know that the next proper wet day i'm going to clean their frames to within an inch of their lives instead of concentrating on the glass. A....for the same price as their windows B......they'll be pleased with nice white frames and C......i get a chance to stop this problem.

what makes me laugh though is when i talk to the custys who i know have had some spotting they haven't noticed it and tell me not to bother worrying about it
    but i like to do a proper job

9. OoO

OoO Guest

No i dont rinse on the glass mate unless its over a conny lid or hard window to clean.

I can rinse on the glass if i want, but i have my technique down to a T.

it takes A LOT of bottle, but i hardly rinse, and if i do rinse, i only rinse the top half of the glass.

As the bottom half of the window is usually less dirty so doesnt need as much rinsing or none at all.

10. OoO

OoO Guest

keir are you new to WFP?

Advertisement