Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another haggler comes unstuck...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

One of my nicest customers is an Indian lady who owns three dental surgery's which I clean and another is an indian doctor who gives me four bottles of famous grouse whiskey every Christmas. Dunno why, I hate the bloody stuff

In fact, its not even the haggling I hate. Its the tricks and scams they play once the job has been agreed and you are half way through.

In fact, its not even the haggling I hate. Its the tricks and scams they play once the job has been agreed and you are half way through.
Agree TAP. I can't remember if I told you this story. They're on the suspended list now but I cleaned for Mr and Mrs doctor, big house and my price was £35 every 6/8 weeks depending when I could catch them home to let me in. Anyway, the get a conny built. I agree a new price of £42 (bugger knows why) including the conny. I clean it for the first time along with the house. I knock the door and Mr doctor comes out with £30. I look at him and say, 'best you go and get the right money'. But you haven't cleaned the conservatory he says. 'Oh yes I have' I say. Let's go and have a look he says. FFS I say. The gardener is in the garden and I say to him that this is the :turd: you have to put up with. Mr doctor agrees that I have cleaned the conny and turns round and offers me £40. Get the proper money, open the gates and find a new window cleaner I tell him.

You're right to not put up with that nonsense tuffers. Thats essentially calling you a liar. Another cultural thing is that they look down on people in cleaning/dirty trades.

Wow wc-er's are a racist bunch huh. I had no idea :oops:
No we are not Bumpy, myself and at least one other lad on here are married to Asian women.

It has nothing to do with racism, it just so happens that that particular 'race, creed, ethnicity' are raised to take the proverbial 'pi$$'

I have one, he is a head man at the local Mosque and whenever I do his house he is stood on the door step with the money for his house, his brothers next door and the money for the Mosque as well as chin wag about the cricket.

Three customers later I have another of 'those customers' a woman, I do the house every month, and the conservatory, and a hand comes out of the window with my money and a 'thank you'

Unfortunately the majority want to take the mickey and try to have one over on you, they will agree a regular clean then claim they asked for a one off when you go back the following month, they will agree a price and then when time to pay start haggling. They will agree one task and when complete try claiming it was something else entirely.

It is just how they are 'programmed' over the generations.

I turned down two of them this past week as I will not take them on anymore as I am tired of them making me feel like I am in the wrong or that I need to tread extra eggshells around them and they are always the one to play the race card first.

When I do some web maintenance later this week I will be adding a TOC section, one of which will be how 'We reserve the right to refuse service to any person at any time without explanation'

I, as do pretty much all of us on here just want to do our jobs and get paid, and we should be able to without needless unsolicited aggravation.

Nothing to do with racism, if I were a racist I would not shop in their stores or eat in their restaurants or treat them as my equals when talking to them in the street.

The word racist has just become a way of silencing peoples genuine opinions and concerns. I'll add myself to the non racist group too, and I am half cypriot. I call a spade a spade, and I can name many other garden tools.

Any form of protecting our way of life and our country gets labelled racist, its a **** take and it is a shame that it is watering down the word as when true racism happens it gets overlooked, kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

If I started my own cult or religion and I preached the things that are in the qur'an I would be shut down in a heart beat.
Indeed, slight correction though, religions are cults.

They are trying to get High Court Injunctions to stop Britain First from being allowed to have their marches and state their opinions in public.

In America a true 'racist' organization the KKK (or the Liberal Democrats as they were once known) can say whatever they like and hold public rallies when they like ass they are protected by the First Amendment Right.

What right do we British have?

Nice to see we are less evolved than our American Cousins. :rolleyes:

Speaking openly and honestly is great. Blanket hatred of a whole group of people is racism. Many cultures haggle, from the middle east to the far east, from jewish to your mormon. I have only had haggling from white people, should I blanket all white people as hagglers. No. Two of my best friends are indian and would never haggle and are two of the kindest, moat generous people you will ever meet. I hate haggling too, but I don't assume a whole group of people will do it - the jewish have a reputation, did two last week, one haggled me down, the other didn't bat an eyelid at my price, made me tea and biscuits and paid into my bank before I got home. Did two gutter clears the week before for english people, one tried to haggled, the other said it was a bargain. It's fine to chat and moan about hagglers, but the fact that they are darker skinned doesn't need a mention.

Last edited:
Green did you just say we were less evolved than america by comparing us to the kkk?! :eek: I believe in freedom of speech of course, but if we are going to have any laws at all in society, one of the rules has to be to stop groups like the kkk. I could list thousands of less important laws than mass hatred. Less evolved hahaha. Although come to think of it maybe we are, maybe we should hand put guns to everyone over 16 too while we are at it /emoticons/wink.png

Who mentioned hate?
Hatred and judging of whole groups of people is what its all about. It wasn't about love and openmindedness of darker skinned people was it /emoticons/wink.png

Back