Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another haggler comes unstuck...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

because us cleaners as a whole are service- first oriented we are in the main quite a meek lot. customers know this

to overcome this meekness i sometimes practice saying"fooouk off.... fooouk off " ,in a sneering tone rising in tempo , so that when one of this bunch tries the haggling i can get in quickly cos iv already "practiced my lines" theyre on the tip of my tongue

they always understand this

Wow wc-er's are a racist bunch huh. I had no idea :oops:
Notice how no one has picked you up on this generalisation. Because we all know you don't mean every single window cleaner. And yet the whole left wing (and you) always jump on the pollitical correctness bandwagon rather than tackling the main issues.

Please tell me what you think of the actions of the man and the woman I dealt with on that day, I'd love to hear your views.

They were a giant douche ;-) It was written funny for the most part, we should all write in the style or cnc lol, it was the comments after that set me off though really. But I do wonder if they were white whether you would of reacted the same way, not trusted they would pay, felt like they were messing you around etc or because you were expecting it from them anyway. Although they did sound a nuisance. Pretty funny drawing in the dirt though, if only you didn't want to get paid would of been hilarious just leaving the big Z :) How did you get around not using a tap in the end?

They were a giant douche ;-) It was written funny for the most part, we should all write in the style or cnc lol, it was the comments after that set me off though really. But I do wonder if they were white whether you would of reacted the same way, not trusted they would pay, felt like they were messing you around etc or because you were expecting it from them anyway. Although they did sound a nuisance. Pretty funny drawing in the dirt though, if only you didn't want to get paid would of been hilarious just leaving the big Z /emoticons/smile.png How did you get around not using a tap in the end?
So being a well balanced, customer driven, friendly guy, trust me when I say this. I thought about that long and hard afterwards, and I was even thinking about that while the argument was happening. I wanted to trust them. The night the husband called up for the job and was haggling, we had what I would call a lot of good banter with the haggling, enough to make me laugh. As I said, I can tolerate the haggling, its the stuff after the price agreed that I can't stomach. When I turned up and there wasnt a tap, I was ****** off, but I didnt show it. Instead, I went to the van and dealt with the issue, all the while showing a good attitude. The real problems started with the patio. If it was an british woman I would gripe all the same, but to date I don't have such story to tell. Although comitted to the job, I was ready to up and leave, and I would have written "NON PAYER" on the driveway if that had happened. Its the perfect crime since I'm not damaging anything, and also it will let the next guy know what hes dealing with. If we ever meet up Bump I will play you the video. I conducted myself honourably throughout and would be happy showing every second of it in court if it was ever needed- thats why I filmed it.

To sort the tap issue out I had a few kitchen tap adapters in the van which I bought just in case this ever happened, luckily it fitted, but it wasted me a lot of time.

I'd have drawn a swastika on the patio just to get across to them that I'm racist.

I wouldn't really
I don't think you can ever go wrong drawing a **** n balls. When has that ever not made people laugh.:thumbsup:

I have no doubts that you acted respectfully throughout. Writing non-payer on the driveway is genius and it would be hilarious (and of course informative) if you ever drove past or got called out to a job with that on the driceway! /emoticons/biggrin.png I heard of people doing graffiti on dirty streets with preasure washers as no crime has been commited, its just cleaning :rofl:

think half the trub is we dont share their sense of humour. next time i run into one it might be worth trying a singalong see if that works

mairzy doats and dozy doats

and liddle lamzy divey

No Bump. I never compared us to rhe KKK i simply pointed out that in America they are allowed (and protected under constitutional laws) to have an opinion whereas we are not.

Grow a set and stop the PC **** and antagonising for the sake of it.

And no i dont mean Muslims, they are just part of the issue, indians, pakistanis and the rest of the asian sub continent wether they buddist, catholic or athiest.

If we as a collective of wc-ers had had more positive experiences than bad with these particular people then threads like this would not even exist.

If we as a collective of wc-ers had had more positive experiences than bad with these particular people then threads like this would not even exist.
Yep, and its across all the trades. I have even seen an episode of 'Cowboy Builders' where they had an asian family on, and I actually felt sorry for the builder. He actually took the time to speak to that Dom Littlecunt and what he was saying was exactly what you would expect. You could tell that the only reaon things went wrong was down to the breakdown of the customer/tradesman relationship, and nothing to do with bad workmanship. It was also plain to see that they had to run the show as they were too financially committed to not continue filming. So they dragged someones name through the dirt, and ripped off the production team in the process. -no surprises there.

If you think all asians are difficult, why marry one? Or do you not include her in it as shes "different" to the rest, making the judge ment that everyone is the same argument defunct. Some of my best mates are indian and would never do any of what you are describing, nor would their families and some other people close to me from that area all pay up and without problems and are genuinely nice and generous and happily fit in with our capitalist society. We can have an opinion over here, but sometimes, like the kkk for example and alot of the other crazy american sects, are best of kept away from this country. And don't tell me to stop the pc ****, do you want free speech or not? Imo this forum would be alot better if everyone kept the pro-white-british-anti-rest-of-the-world-agendas to themselves and spoke of windows and the day to day experience of the job without it. To me people like that are the antgaonisers and uneccesary, but hey thats opinions for you.

Tolish "an" episode, a single episode. What about all the cowboy builders on that show, hundreds of them, I dare say the majority are white english, so by the same theory of blanket grouping, that must mean that all white english tradesmen are cowboys. Which is obviously not true. Just like not all indians or asians are bad customers is all I'm saying.

Tolish "an" episode, a single episode. What about all the cowboy builders on that show, hundreds of them, I dare say the majority are white english, so by the same theory of blanket grouping, that must mean that all white english tradesmen are cowboys. Which is obviously not true. Just like not all indians or asians are bad customers is all I'm saying.
Thats purely a question of numbers. How many asian builders have you seen? Hardly any I bet (if any). Yes they exist, but they are a rarity. Reason being that they look down upon dirty trades. Thats there culture.

iv never seen a chinese mowing the lawn-or driving a taxi- or a JCB - helicopter = even riding a horse . was discussing only today with the lads where the devil do they all go after college .

Thats purely a question of numbers. How many asian builders have you seen? Hardly any I bet (if any). Yes they exist, but they are a rarity. Reason being that they look down upon dirty trades. Thats there culture.
That's because of the caste system they have at home

Go to kerrala (i have..wicked holiday..3 months in india when i was young) and they are a fishing caste..looked down upon by others in higher castes..it's the way they are and that's that

My friends dad is an indian, from india, he is also a builder, he also travels abroad twice a year as a volunteer to help build houses for poor/unfortunate people (in europe not back to india). By numbers alone there will be less asian builders out there, but there are plenty. But that wasn't my point anyway, my point was that not all white tradesman are cowboys and not all asian customers are a nuisance.

47, that is the number I have agreed to clean windows for in the past 3 years.

4 - That is the number that are still customers!

Today I sat in my van having a cuppa from my flask, Indian woman walking along the road pushing a pram and something falls to the floor.

'Sorry luv, you dropped something'

'Ohhh nooo not me'

'Yes you did luv, 2 houses back!'

'Oohh noo I didn't'

'Yes luv you did'

(Seeing the panto evolving I jump from van and walk over to pick up the item)

BONUS!! A nice new iPhone!!

Now all of a sudden oh yes it's hers!!

AND NOT EVEN A THANK YOU!!

Back