Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aquatap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jesus thats pretty smart if it works.

TBH i cant see it being as quick as an Aqua Dapter.

But wadda i know lol

Peter fogwell thinks it about two weeks away from being released. Window cleaning magazine just posted a trailer on YouTube. Looks good.

Smurf has highlighted a few issues that he can see without even using it.

"However my only concern is you know how annoying when a clamp on a pole allows the brush to spin when wanting to use the brush on a different angle to clean say conservatory roof frames, gutters, fascia, etc. Then that tap would probably drive me nuts because surely you will not be able to stop the brush from turning on the pole due to how the tap works and will either stop or start the water flow to boot?"

i have expressed the same concerns, but Smurf has expressed it better.

it does look very good
But that's not the point. It was promoted at a very lightweight on/off tap - and it is. What we then find out is the tap needs a pole specific adaptor. Add this to the Aquatap and the weight isn't much less than an Aquadapter. Although price is important, weight is what most create about with the AD.

Yes that is good point Spurce and I have thought the same. I mainly rinse on the glass which I think would limit the spinning. Cant make a true verdict till I have tried it out for a couple of days

What I thought would be good about this is that you could have a lower flow rate when scrubbing the window / frames to agitate the dirt off the surface into the water and then turn up the flow rate to rinse.. Which, for people who use a backpack on a trolley a lot of the time (like me) would be really great

What I thought would be good about this is that you could have a lower flow rate when scrubbing the window / frames to agitate the dirt off the surface into the water and then turn up the flow rate to rinse.. Which, for people who use a backpack on a trolley a lot of the time (like me) would be really great
My son prefers to use a backpack. He gives the window a quick rinse, switches the water off, scrubs and then switches the water back on for a final rinse. He has an A/D on his pole. His water flow is painfully slow IMHO, so slowing it down further would just cause pressure switch wear and premature failure. Peter's response to that is that if you fit a heavy duty 12v relay, then that will last longer and much cheaper to replace.

Back