Spray bottle...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Clearview Lee, May 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

I just have to say that I highly recommend this sparyer as it is simply streets ahead of anything else I've tried over the past 20 years.

I use Ubik in mine, and you can actually spray the top windows of a house with the jet set. (Just about) I even sprayed some bird poop on the first floor of a block of flats I was doing earlier (y) Mine hasn't leaked in over a month now either.

A bit more expensive than the ordinary ones, but really worth it.

Zep Commercial Professional Spray Bottle-32OZ PRO SPRAY BOTTLE: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use a 7l pump up sprayer from the range
    Never let me down in 2 years

3. Clearview Lee

Oh yeah, have one of those too, but as a small bottle to have around to just grab, it's perfect. I have a 500ml Auto Smart one too for end of brush spraying. But yeah, big job stuff I use the pump action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I tend not to use ubik nowadays for normal work so have no real need for a small sprayer
    When i do use it however i go a bit ott and spray it everywhere
    I have found a couple of issues in this sunshine from ubik on 1st cleans
    Neil ( Adams0211 ) saw this earlier on 1 of my jobs where the ubik had left spots

5. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Like Daveyboy, I'm starting to use ubik a bit less and now only use it on really manky first cleans.

I did a first clean a couple of weeks ago and glanced at the front windows as I was leaving and noticed milky coloured streaks on a couple of windows even after shitloads of rinsing.

Last week a customer rang me to say she had white streaks on a couple of windows. I popped back round and it was the same thing as before.

And then today it happened on a window on a job I was helping Daveyboy on.

Most people will probably think I'm not rinsing enough but I always over rinse, especially on first cleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. Clearview Lee

Are u saying this is due to using Ubik?

7. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I think it is. I reckon part of the problem is not rinsing it all off, even though you think you have. I could be wrong though.

8. Clearview Lee

I found this on the new job yesterday myself. Luckily I went back to double check at the end!

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

What I do now on a first clean when I use ubik is scrub the glass, above the frame, then the frames sill and rinse as normal. Then move onto the next upstairs window and do the same thing again. Then go back to the first window and scrub and rinse the glass again.

10. Clearview Lee

Exactly what I was doing, mate. I go way ott with it, so always a shock to see those awful looking white drips. I end up even wiping the top of the frames dry on ground level - just in case! The last one I did I'd already packed away so just ended up squeegeeing that window.

Advertisement