squeege info

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jack, Jan 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jack

jack Guest

hi folks, started out in november using wfp got a decent size commercail job yesterday insides as well, never used trad method before can anyone tell me best squeege, belt ect to buy thank,s jack

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

There are a few out there but it does come down to personal preference i currently use ettore but then again that is the only one i have ever used so can't comment on others.

3. I use unger ergo tech XL handle with a 12" channel and ettore rubber (soft). Unger belt, pocket, bucket on a belt and a bucket with a lid.

Good old fairy liquid in ya water works too :)

4. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

If you have never done Trad before mate then worth looking at getting a Wagtail........so easy, even my Missus can clean with it. Check out the video below :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk7PQ_Ehel8

5. A.K WINDOWS

stick with unger or ettore mate.

6. laddergarder

I've been doing what that guy is doing in that video for years without a wagtail squeegee. I just use a 0 degree Unger squeegee, and then unlock the swivel lock as loose as it gets and away you go.

As for what squeegees to use, I would suggest Unger, but honestly I think your main issue is going to be using it. It can take a fair bit of practice before you get comfortable with it and if you have never used one and go to do the insides of a large commercial, you could easily make a mess of it and loose the job.

There are plenty of videos out there on youtube about all the various techniques, my advice would be get a squeegee as soon as, to practice for a good couple of weeks before to start cleaning for a large job.

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

have a look at this its indoor cleaning with pure water

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Vikan_easyshine_internal_cleaning_kit.html

8. spc super squeegee all the way, it to can be used like a wagtail

9. jack

jack Guest

thank,s for the reply,s think il try one of the unger squeege,s to start with and i like the idea of the unger pure water kit, think that would be
    the fastest and cleanist method.

Advertisement