squeegee without wiping the blade?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by thenewkidontheblock, Feb 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi, is there anyway squeegeeing in vertical lines down the window without wiping the blade prior to the next without it dragging water and getting lines down the window from the top? i have seen it on youtube on polework, or french windows but i cant seem to do it.

Any tips?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Practice the art of doing the whole pane in one go mate. It's a ball ache to start with but you will find after about 3 hours you will be flying along.
    One trick I was taught by an veteran windy is wipe about inch off all along the top and all down the left hand side

3. Paul

Paul Guest

That's what I do, makes life easier stops the drag of water from the frame and les mopping.

I only wipe a fingers width.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

If you lads mean don't wet right up to the top of the window good advice. When I first started I was told by a vet leave about an inch from the top or do 1 line across then start coming down altho I found it easier going left to right but bottom line is do it in 1 sweep. You soon get the hang of it and even if you leave a few marks wipe em with yer scrim it less time then keep wiping yer blade. Also found common down with yer squeegee at a slight angle helped.

5. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I spent a whole day when I first started just doing my patio door and got it down to a tee. Newkid......if you haven't already got your squeegee, it would be worth investing in a wag-tail.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

It seems to be a really hard thing to explain, the way I do it is wet full window, quick wipe across top and down left side, then once my squeegee touches the pain (top left) it doesn't leave the pain unto I get to the bottom right. Think it's called fanning.

I'm sure everyone has their own method but that works for me and I can do it at speed.

7. Hi thanks, i can do the fanning its just i was watching on youtube and the man has say a 10"x10" french window and a 10" squeegee that fits exactly in, and he has say 10 to do..he wets them all then squeegees them off one by one without wiping the blade....or he has a 12" window and still his 10" squeegee, he squeegee's left to right or top to bottom then lifts the squeegee goes back to the left and squeegees again to the right without wiping the blade.....but when i try it it just drags about an inch of water from the frame?
    Thanks for all your tips

8. Posh

Posh Hero

I go bottom left to top left across the top down to bottom right up to middle then zig zag down and I can do this pretty quick and also find that way becoz ivedone edges first I don't have to touch them again which leaves hardley any detailing. But as you said we all have our own methods that works for us. Practace makes perfect.[hr]

9. A.K WINDOWS

this is how i do i then detail sides were needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1iNEV-wQmM&feature=related

10. Paul

Paul Guest

I know what you mean now I think the easier way to do this it top tap ur squeegee onto the pain to knock off any water:-/ , but alot of them videos don't show the final product so he could of spent 10 mins after the vid mopping up ;)

Also I only ever make the squeegee finish on the bottom of th frame when doin larger windows stops water running. Each to there own.

Advertisement