Squeegeeitis

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mrtaytay, Oct 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Just like Eric Bristow got Dartitis, I think I have contracted squeegeeitis!!!

I am a bit of a horizontal pull man, but of late I always seem to be leaving a slight film of moisture behind as I pull horizontally. Its driving me to despair. When I change the rubber, everything is fine for a few houses, but then, suddenly, I get the same problem again. I try cutting the edge with the squeegee blade or wiping it first with a dry cloth but still get this problem....not on all strokes I might add. I use an SPC 3X4.

Does anyone else ever get this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

No. Don't pull is the answer.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer i have that on one shop front i do, its annoying,

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure what you mean, but I often get a very light film of moisture on glass after blading, it normally fades away within seconds. I think it's pretty normal, is that what you mean?

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Yes, thats what I mean...it does seem to fade pretty quickly. Maybe its more apparant now that the temperatures are down.....maybe in the summer the film of moisture disappears more quickly. I am just concerned about leaving marks or smears.

6. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I have had the same recently but as said before it fades quickly and I have had no complaints so far touch wood, I thought it was cause I was heavy handed

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Sounds like it's set normal thing then!

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes I do, especially when the air is damp. I've been cleaning for yonks, but always wander if the film is going to show up. Also do you notice the water round the edges starts to bleed back towards the centre of the window when you've bladed it in colder conditions? I start swearing and all sorts when this happens.

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Phew...sounds like its not just me. I just hope the film doesnt show up. I have been wiping some windows over with a premium micro fibre after detailing...just to make sure....but this is time consuming.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I thought it was me lol, only happened since dogearing my channels but then only got really cold after I'd done them.

Advertisement