Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop Fronts?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thats exactly why I do my little 5quid job. A fiver isnt even worth stopping the van for, but it gets me and my uniform seen around town. The last time I did the windows I even soaped them up twice so the job lasted a bit longer./emoticons/biggrin.png
Ha yeah I used to take a bit of time. Waggle the pole around a bit make sure my tshirt. With name etc was in full view. Say hello to everyone who I caught eye contact with. It all helps! /emoticons/smile.png

Ha yeah I used to take a bit of time. Waggle the pole around a bit make sure my tshirt. With name etc was in full view. Say hello to everyone who I caught eye contact with. It all helps! /emoticons/smile.png
Yep, its almost a perfomance. I even draw a massive 'A' in the soap. I shall name it 'Bubble Branding' /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I live and work in stevenage

But i work in aston..watton..datchworth etc too

Been doing this for 26 years now but only had a round in stevenage since last june as i moved from london and sold up my round from down there and then worked subbing off companies for a few years

Even subbed a bit from gcs from shephall before he sold up..you must know them as most of stevenage have worked for that donut at some point

I only know mark from talking to him up wedgewood gate getting my water but seems a nice guy

I know people like tolish and posh live closeish but we're all in the same town

Not to mention the guys who are in ware and hertford and damo is in sandy

Seems to be more of us than anyone else lol

Should have a herts and beds windies meet /emoticons/biggrin.png

i do shops on a thursday start seven nice and early, when i first started never thought it would pay £5 a pop mainly trad also

picked loads up and ended up nice earner bigger ones i,m getting £10

do them weekly but also have monthly ones which keep me going all day

also add in some residential.

gd point is you get paid on the day

Stevenage is saturated with window cleaners don't get wrong there's plenty of work out there and with Courtney moving his unit down here and providing water there is only going to be more ,there's some good lads about.

Gcs is that Geoff or gjan?he had loads of work and a lot of subbies about 10years ago before he sold up.

Yeah that's the fella

I find that there is plenty of work round here

The amount of houses in the town there is plenty for everyone

I know a lot of windies round here from the days of working for Geoff

Exactly there's loads out there and once your established you never lose any work no matter how many times your work gets canvassed.I pass work on to people like Mark and a few others as I don't do much domestic work in Stevenage.

I'm mainly commercial I do a little bit of domestic in Stevenage the main bit of residential I do is in Knebworth and mardley.

The main bit of my work which is commercial is Stevenage,Hitchin,Welwyn.

I do a bit in Knebworth. .keiths wood and park lane

Do a bit in aston too ..the good houses like yeomans drive

Nice big drums worth a few quid to do

I always find any work I've canvassed for in Norwich, are all taken. Just having a wander round the city centre and you see the same three or four guys cleaning the same shops. How do you guys avoid this without undercutting?

@Green Pro Clean Ltd did a great post on this a while back just hunt it down on the forum

i do 2 shops down from my house weekly in and out both

take 15 mins to do both an i get 20 quid

but i know there is guys knocking ones out in town for peanuts one guy does a large zara for 4 pound a week /emoticons/ohmy.png

Back