Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stains on glass from run offs from render above glass!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, just posting this on here in hope it helps someone else! I've had terrible water drop marks from render on my bi-folding doors for over 2 years, I thought I had tried everything and I was at the point of getting quotes for new panes (£250 each needing 5 x panes :( ) as when the sunlight hit the windows it looked awful, went a hazy white colour and I couldn't stand looking at them any longer. I had Unger Rubout, a bronze wool pads on order as per Mupps recommendation but with the time off over Xmas I thought I'd get out there and give something else a try whilst I waited! I used Pink Stuff Paste and a polishing pad on a drill attachment. Slowly applied to the glass dry, buffed off on speed 2 on the drill and they're gone, I slowly watched them buff away as I was doing it! Over the moon! Windows look like new and saved £1250! Finally something worked! I tried Viakal, Toothpase, Vinegar and Alcohol, Various cleaning agents, scrapers, it wouldn't budge! Best thing about it was the drill did all the hard work! PS I'm not in the trade, I'm not sure if I've caused any long term damage to the glass, use this method if you wish. Ijust know I've watched countless Youtube videos, read various forums and this is the first thing that worked. Good luck, I hope this helps someone else!
Great tip! Did you use this on the aluminium window frame and plastic trim that’s along the bottom as well? I’ve managed to get most off my glass but the frames are awful! Builder has been saying for months he will get it sorted but still hasn’t

Attachments

• 3ec20478-906b-4a96-910e-78951465f047.jpeg
    3ec20478-906b-4a96-910e-78951465f047.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 3
Great tip! Did you use this on the aluminium window frame and plastic trim that’s along the bottom as well? I’ve managed to get most off my glass but the frames are awful! Builder has been saying for months he will get it sorted but still hasn’t
Don't use anything abrasive on ali frames as they are usually anodised with a microscopically thin coating or they are spray painted again with a very thin coating.
If the builder has caused that damage in the photos I would be hassling him in a big way. That damage looks bad, it may be 'fixed' by a respray but it might require complete replacement of the frames. That might be why he's reluctant to do anything as it will be expensive. He should have insurance to cover him but in their eyes he may have been negligent!

Hassle the builder to sort out the mess. I'm not sure but you might be able to claim off your household insurance.

Latest Posts

Back